Got motor control working with scoutsim
Behaviors can now use the MotorControl class to change the speed of the motors in the simulator. The simulator correctly handles the command.At the moment, the set_motors command is limited to 'scout1'. We should look into prefixes to specify which scout (scout1, scout2, etc) each behavior should command....
actually removing what I removed
Rewrote libbuttons to use objects (ButtonControl).
Also removed query_motors (motors node now responsible for publishing changes)
bugfix: removed -lmotors from manifest files (causing rosmake errors)
Made a lot of changes to the general structure.
Applied object-orienting techniques to the code, cleaning it up considerably. Major design changes are as follows:
Updated motors code.
Changed the definitions for the set_motors message, which forced a fewimplementation changes as well.
Changed "libscout_node" to "node" and "n" to "node" in other packages.
Updated the motors class and set_motors message.
Still todo: update the query_motors service, make the util file exported as a library.
Only added libbuttons files. Adding changes to libscout that make libbuttons work.
Added buttons to libscout. Compiles!
Made libscout compile. Changed behavior.cpp to set motors to the same speed in order to test simulator code.
Added temporary scout images for turtlesim into the repository. Removed old turtle images.
Added a template scout simulator class.
Scoutsim is modeled directly from turtlesim. At this point, the only changes are in names and indentation. A separate licensing file was also added to get rid of the junk at the top of the old turtlesim files.
Fixed bugs I saw in headlights code. Fixed object parameter missing error. Added no-set capability to headlights. Changed attribution in motors. Fixed CMakeLists.txt due to error I put in there on my last commit (extra comma). Should compile now. I'm sorry if it doesn't.
Added libheadlights.cpp(cpp/h). Also updated constants.h and libscout.(cpp/h) for libheadlights. Have not compiled yet, but it should work.
Added behavior.cpp to CMakeLists.txt because I forgot to add it before.
Restructured libscout.(cpp/h) so the behavior main runs in a separate file, and just calls upon libscout.cpp for initialization. This behavior function can then be swapped out or changed, and the rest of the libscout node can be precompiled so it doesn't have to be recompiled every time.
Deleted compiler output files that were accidentally included in analog.
Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
cleaned up some files - should be ready to make.
Fixed headlights/src/headlights.cpp to get rid of the compile-time bug. I forgot to dereference a pointer in the message subscriber that subscribes to set_headlights.
Deleted obsolete file, fixed small bug in define statement
Added files for analog from motors with modifications
Finished skeleton of cliffsensor node. Compiles.
de-crapping the repository. Kids, don't git add * if you don't know what you're doing.
removed all the stuff from the compiler that I commited because I'm a moron
Added a @todo
Added the power node and skeleton
Created structure for buttons node. Compiles. However event_button function is not written.
Created ROS skeleton for Headlights node. Currently has functionality for getting headlights set via a message and setting some variables to the message contents, but doesn't write to hardware. Also does not include code in libscout to support headlights yet....
Added a new bom node skeleton.
It works using one service that sends the goal bot and current bot in therequest and gets the information from the 4 boms back in the response.I did not actually implement the communication with the bom because thatrequires communication with the avr, which is beyond my knowledge....
Updated motors.cpp and motors.h with small stylistic changes.
Updated encoder node code with preliminary driver functionality.Renamed encoder_state.msg to encoders_state.msg.Added functions to encoders.cpp to send message of current encoder state.Added function headers to encoders.h.Added function to encoders.cpp to convert to different units....
Updated the sonar module prototype.
The biggest change to the proposed node is a restructuring of the sonar code style. Two services (sonar_toggle and sonar_set_scan) allow another node to turn the sonar on and off. The sonar constantly scans, keeps track of its position, and publishes all its readings in the topic sonar_direction.msg....
Added Encoders and USB/Serial ROS nodes. Some of the functions in thesrc/<node>.cpp files are not fully functional yet.
Added buttons and cliffsensor ROS nodes. Everything except for src/<node>.cpp file functions have been changed.
Added code inside motors.cpp to set and read individual speeds in different units. Also added appropriate headers to motors.h, and units field to query_motors.srv and set_motors.msg
Added a new Doxygen generator file.
To generate a "docs" folder containing all autogenerated Doxygen files,install doxygen, then run "doxygen Doxyfile" within this folder.
Updated motors.cpp and motors.h to comply with coding standards and doxygen.
Changed the module comments so motors are properly labeled as a the motor module.Chaned indentation to four spaces.Put braces on a new line.
Edited manifest.xml and mainpage.dox to have better descriptions.
Added the ROS stack with the libscout, motors, and sonar packages to the reposititory, and associated files. There are probably still things missing. Libscout won't run properly, but it and motors will compile. Sonar is probably broken, but nothing depends on it yet, so this shouldn't be an issue.
Created first version of git repository; added libscout and motors packages.
The repository root is the ros directory, which contains the ROS stack for the scout project.The included files are those that ROS creates with a new stack or package, and those created manually. Files created during compilation are not included....