If the board really screws itself up somehow (has been known to happen with the mill), you may need to re-flash the bootloader. This must be done in the club and requires opening the toolbox case.
- Go into the shop and make sure no one is using the tool in question
- have the tooltron repo and build tools on your laptop and update the repository (right clik -> update or @$svn up$)
- remove the cover to the toolbox in question
- plug in the ISP to the header near the top left
- run "make program" to program the toolbox
At this point, all three lights should be on, and you should be able to follow the Reprogram guide to get the tool back up and running