From 02/03/2010 to 03/04/2010
- 11:49 PM Revision 226: added more printouts to netprog
- 11:47 PM Task #1137 (Fixed): Modify rs482 connector for cardbox
- 11:46 PM Task #1138 (Fixed): Reprogram all tools with new fuses/bootloader
- 11:46 PM Task #1139 (Fixed): Program correct tool IDs into the eeprom on all tools
- 11:45 PM Task #1141 (Fixed): Test Network programming with multiple tools
- 11:45 PM Task #1143 (Fixed): Mount cardbox
- 08:20 PM Revision 225: fixed netprog reflection issues
- 07:59 PM Revision 224: fixed reflection handling in the server
- 07:58 PM Revision 223: Added a delay between receiving a packet and responding
- 06:48 PM Revision 222: code reafactoring for server and manualtron
- 05:48 PM Revision 221: merged in manualtron fixes
- 12:46 AM Task #1126 (Fixed): Test new cardbox board
- * RS485 Works for USB and Cardbox, oscilliscope points out that the RS485 bus onboard works
* USB has been corrected...
- 12:04 AM Revision 220: Fixed bug in packet where crc was not initialized, fixed keypad code. Apparently on...
- 10:24 PM Revision 219: some fixed to manualtron, NEED TO PORT TO TOOLTRON
- 08:39 PM Revision 218: changed messages to have payload length. Also created manualTron
- 08:39 PM Enhancement #1140 (Fixed): Tool ping packet
- 07:52 PM Revision 217: Added the ability to get the length of a packet, changed the packet format to inclu...
- 03:32 PM Revision 216: Changed the keypad handler to be more simple in terms of code size
- 03:03 PM Revision 215: Merged tooltron.h
- 02:46 PM Revision 214: Added TT_PING auto response to the packet handler code
- 02:44 PM Bug #1150 (Worksforme): Fix USB issue with RS485 chip on cardbox schematic/layout
- Can't tie !RE/TE together, need to do TXEN -> TE and !RE -> GND
- 02:48 AM Task #1145 (Fixed): Figure out tool times for each tool
- Make them unreasonable to anger the meches
- 02:47 AM Task #1144 (Fixed): Assign public tool numbers and print the list
- 02:47 AM Task #1143 (Fixed): Mount cardbox
- 02:45 AM Task #1142 (Worksforme): Hot glue connectors in the two bandsaws
- 02:45 AM Task #1141 (Fixed): Test Network programming with multiple tools
- This is a required step to install tooltron after all of the tools have been updated with the bootloader
- 02:45 AM Enhancement #1140 (Fixed): Tool ping packet
- Automatically handle in the packet handler to send an ack when received
- 02:43 AM Task #1139 (Fixed): Program correct tool IDs into the eeprom on all tools
- 02:43 AM Task #1138 (Fixed): Reprogram all tools with new fuses/bootloader
- 02:42 AM Task #1137 (Fixed): Modify rs482 connector for cardbox
- 7 stupid plugs into the cardbox
- 02:42 AM Bug #1103 (Fixed): Tools send wrong Ack message
- 02:41 AM Bug #1121 (Fixed): Update netprog to deal with errors
- 02:41 AM Bug #1133 (Fixed): Tool and server take wrong turnon message
- 02:40 AM Bug #1104 (Fixed): Remove magic number from uart init
- Fixed in all the code
- 02:32 AM Revision 213: fixed cardbox code for new board, updated tooltron.py for new cardbox
- 10:08 PM Revision 212: Scripts to program fuses automatically for the two boards
- 08:32 PM Revision 211: broken cardbox, needs to fix the statemachine
- 05:40 PM Revision 210: Updated jumptable and Makefile for tooltron to work with bootloader
- updated tooltron.py to handle NACKs
Fixed tooltron.py to send 'o' instead of 'O'
- 05:39 PM Revision 209: Restored reset to pristine state, fixed a bug in the error case for the bootloader
- 05:08 PM Revision 208: fixed some netprog bugs and added a reset packet send
- 05:00 PM Task #1124 (Fixed): Jump table for user code
- Tested with toolbox code
- 04:34 PM Revision 207: Removed reset from the toolbox
- 03:31 PM Bug #1131 (Fixed): network programming script sends 1 too many packets
- 04:52 PM Revision 206: Moved the uart code to rs485_int since that describes it better.
- 04:16 PM Revision 205: Removing serial.c since we have a uart one
- 02:25 PM Enhancement #1079 (Fixed): Network Programming Support
- Network programming is implemented and works.
- 02:25 PM Task #1125 (Fixed): Cut usb cable to make new cardbox cable
- Made, but some of the wires are reversed in the intermediary connectors. Also the colors are reversed on the board en...
- 02:54 PM Task #1125: Cut usb cable to make new cardbox cable
- Need to do a CGgrid <-> Grey Cable <-> Circle Plug <-> CGrid adaptor to get the USB into the cardbox
- 01:51 PM Revision 204: Some byte hacks to reduce size.
- 01:49 PM Revision 203: Moved the uart code from toolbox to cardbox since toolbox now uses the bootloader r...
- 01:47 PM Revision 202: * Moved the reset code to toolbox since it is the only code that uses it
- * Optimized the toolbox statemachine to use parse_packet and the bootloader
* Small byte optimizations.
- 01:06 PM Revision 201: * Setup bootloader to initialize pins to a known safe state
- * Pulled pindefs for the toolbox out of the toolbox into common/toolbox_pindefs.h
* Shared toolbox pindefs with the b...
- 12:48 PM Bug #1133 (Fixed): Tool and server take wrong turnon message
- The turnon message is defined at 'O' (capital "oh") when it should be 'o' (lower case "oh"). The server should send t...
- 10:59 PM Revision 200: Bootloader only emits a boot message when the buttons are depressed or it was reset...
- 10:16 PM Revision 199: Bootloader is setup to read the address from the EEPROM now
- 06:24 PM Revision 198: Fixed a magic number initialization
- 06:22 PM Enhancement #1132 (Wontfix): Add a FUSE section to the bootloader
- Seems to be broken on the compiler level. The code is left in as of r197 but we get an error when programming saying ...
- 12:07 AM Enhancement #1132 (Wontfix): Add a FUSE section to the bootloader
- So that we don't have to muck with avrdude on each board to program the fuses, set the defaults using the FUSE macro ...
- 06:21 PM Revision 197: Removed fuse writing since it seems to be placing the fuses out of memory and causi...
- 05:57 PM Revision 196: * Fixed bug where the naked attribute did not work with main
- * Used a noreturn attribute to main_start which saved us some room. That works
* Tested removal of interrupt tables, ...
- 05:55 PM Task #1124 (Assigned): Jump table for user code
- We should probably keep this open until we are sure that it works
- 02:27 AM Task #1124 (Fixed): Jump table for user code
- Used function pointers. Macros to use offsets to the jump table address. Not tested, hopefully it works.
- 11:45 PM Task #1124: Jump table for user code
- Jump table is setup in common/tooltron.h and is used when TOOLBOX is defined. Need to find the actual addresses.
- 08:45 PM Task #1124 (Fixed): Jump table for user code
- packet handlers, send packets, uart stuff
- 05:53 PM Bug #1130: add compiler directive to prevent stack junk
- Adding this to the main function actually fails. It makes more sense to add this to the main_start function pointer. ...
- 02:35 AM Bug #1130 (Fixed): add compiler directive to prevent stack junk
- Made the main function in the bootloader naked which should do the same thing. This will prevent recursive calls to i...
- 10:27 PM Bug #1130 (Fixed): add compiler directive to prevent stack junk
- Everytime we call main_start we we leaving the shell of the bootloader on the stack. If we declare it with __attribut...
- 03:54 PM Revision 195: Using a modified linker script to strip out the unused interrupt vector table in th...
- 02:47 PM Revision 194: Added default fuses to the bootloader
- 02:34 AM Revision 193: Made the main function in the bootloader naked, saved about 50 bytes
- 02:26 AM Revision 192: Fixed offset error in the jump table
- 02:25 AM Revision 191: Added jump table to point to the right functions in the toolbox
- 01:37 AM Revision 190: Added the assembly jump table. It is placed 1 page from the end of flash memory
- 01:17 AM Revision 189: Breaking up more of the bootloader into separate files
- 01:14 AM Enhancement #1128 (Fixed): Reorganize repository to share common code
- This is actualy non-trivial since the cardbox and toolbox operate very differently now and continue to diverge. The o...
- 08:47 PM Enhancement #1128 (Fixed): Reorganize repository to share common code
- use an include directory to share common code between the toolbox/cardbox
- 12:57 AM Revision 188: Moved rs485_poll.h to bootloder since it will never be used by the toolbox
- 12:55 AM Revision 187: moved rs485_sw.c into the bootloader directory where it is compiled. The include di...
- 12:48 AM Revision 186: fixed some bugs in the rs485 code
- 12:28 AM Revision 185: Renamed uart to rs485_poll because it is more descriptive of what it actually does....
- 12:26 AM Revision 184: Pulling out the uart polling code, need to do some file renames
- 11:47 PM Revision 183: Began moving parts of the code into the common directoty. Began setting up the jump...
- 11:28 PM Revision 182: Changed bootloader to use the common header file
- 11:26 PM Revision 181: Deleted old bootloader folder
- 11:25 PM Revision 180: Removed bootloader .dep folder
- 11:22 PM Revision 179: Moved bootloader to the trunk
- 11:21 PM Revision 178: Moved tooltron header file
- 11:15 PM Revision 177: Moved debug script to the util directory
- 11:14 PM Task #1119 (Fixed): Watchdog Reset
- Applied in changeset r176.
- 08:41 PM Task #1119 (Fixed): Watchdog Reset
- Reset for the bootloader on a reset packet
- 11:14 PM Revision 176: Fixes #1119. Watchdog timer based reset implemented and added to the common library
- 11:09 PM Bug #1131 (Fixed): network programming script sends 1 too many packets
- When the packet size is exactly divisible by 32 the script sends an extra packet with 32 blank bytes and fails due to...
- 11:07 PM Revision 175: Test program with the watchdog reset implemented
- 10:11 PM Revision 174: Changed the recusive call to a goto for a retry case in the bootloader
- 09:59 PM Revision 173: * Added timeouts to the packet handler
- * Bootloader sends nacks due to timeouts or mismatched packets
* Bootloader clears user code jump before starting to ...
- 09:58 PM Task #1122 (Fixed): Send nacks
- Send nacks when there is a TT_BAD or a mistmatched packet while in bootloading mode. Retries currently 5 times but is...
- 08:44 PM Task #1122 (Fixed): Send nacks
- Bootloader crc errors, mismatched packet types
Normal code crc errors
- 09:57 PM Task #1123 (Fixed): clear user code jump when programming
- We clear the jump in software but haven't been able to test it. Should be okay though.
- 08:44 PM Task #1123 (Fixed): clear user code jump when programming
- 09:29 PM Task #1120 (Fixed): Packet handler timeouts
- It will wait 60000 cycles (7-14ms) for a program packet after reset before it times out. Otherwise it will run the ma...
- 08:42 PM Task #1120 (Fixed): Packet handler timeouts
- 09:17 PM Revision 172: Fixed bug in the cardbox where a pin on the FTDI was not connected correctly
- 09:17 PM Revision 171: Code cleanup
- 08:53 PM Revision 170: updated netprog with nicer output (slightly)
- 08:47 PM Enhancement #1129 (Assigned): notifications of tool boot packets in tooltron.py
- Keep a log and send an email whenever a board gets reset
- 08:46 PM Enhancement #1127 (Assigned): script for network programming
- give it a program (source) and a list of tool IDs
will recompile each one, defining ADDR and then use netprog to sen...
- 08:46 PM Task #1126 (Fixed): Test new cardbox board
- 08:46 PM Task #1125 (Fixed): Cut usb cable to make new cardbox cable
- 08:43 PM Bug #1121 (Fixed): Update netprog to deal with errors
- NAACKs and BOOT packets at odd times
- 08:37 PM Enhancement #1089 (Fixed): New Cardbox Board
- 08:37 PM Task #1090 (Wontfix): Buy OR gates
- 08:10 PM Revision 169: it works
- 07:31 PM Revision 168: Bootloader almost works except for ctors end stuff
- 05:02 PM Revision 163: tried to update test Makefile to move code to start at 1024
- also added some printouts to netprog
- 04:56 PM Revision 162: Fixed bug in bootloader that writes to flash. Can now write to flash
- 09:31 PM Revision 161: Bootloader fixes
- 04:54 PM Revision 160: added simple test code for programmer
- 02:37 PM Bug #1104 (Fixed): Remove magic number from uart init
- We use a magic number for uart init instead of a #define in the cardbox/toolbox/bootloader
- 10:25 PM Revision 159: got state transitions working with toolbox board!
- 10:25 PM Revision 158: Bootloader state machine and rudimentary programming, can receive program but doesn...
- 09:40 PM Revision 157: first draft of network programmer, no error checking!
- 09:04 PM Revision 156: Added a packet parser and ack generator to the bootloader. Also added the new mesag...
- 08:53 PM Bug #1103 (Fixed): Tools send wrong Ack message
- Tools, cardbox, and Server expect 'A' instead of 'a' for an ack which does not follow the message format.
- 07:21 PM Revision 155: undid hack to main toolbox code
- got something of the bootloader working
- 06:39 PM Revision 154: added bootloader code
- 01:25 PM Revision 153: First version of the cardbox hardware that's not perf boarded. These are the gerber...
- 11:26 PM Enhancement #1089: New Cardbox Board
- Committed in r151 Needs to pass DFM and get budget approval
- 11:24 PM Revision 152: This is the toolbox that we sent to fab
- 11:23 PM Revision 151: First run at the improved cardbox
- 08:56 PM Task #1090 (Wontfix): Buy OR gates
unless the club...
- 08:56 PM Enhancement #1079: Network Programming Support
- 512byte boot loader. We can probably modify this. It's setup to use the uart protocol I believe. Need to login to avr...
- 04:49 PM Enhancement #1089 (Fixed): New Cardbox Board
- * Integrated RS485<-> USB
* Run the chip on RS485, or UART, no RS232
- 03:19 PM Enhancement #1079: Network Programming Support
- AVR-LIBC seems to have some macros to make this easier: http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__boot.html
- 08:58 PM Enhancement #1079: Network Programming Support
- We need to use the Self-Programming Flash feature of the ATTIny2313. Page 155 of the datasheet.
Notes from the dat...
- 10:57 PM Enhancement #1079 (Fixed): Network Programming Support
- Flesh out a system for network programming of tools. Perhaps look into how the Colony bootloader works as well as wha...
- 10:41 PM Revision 150: Fixed several bugs:
- warn state no longer allows red button to kill tool while it is spinning
keypresses are flushed by the server before ...
Also available in: Atom