Gig Recap 11-20-2009¶
Great success! Need to fix a few instruments and make things more robust. Several failures (instrument and external) as the performance went on -- in the middle we only had a few instruments playing successfully. Xylobot and Snarebot are champs.
Good finish with B.Y.O.B. (previously untested)
- Need to set up earlier (we were delayed by 45 minutes) and do level checks. A bad mic cable prevented Maestron from running.
- Refine checklist, and follow it. We forgot to bring allen wrenches up.
- Stage lights were never turned on.
- Awesome support by robotics club members and friends. Had alumni and parents stop by to hear us as well.
- We did some heavy advertising, and should continue that for our next gig.
- The crowd was pretty pumped when we were doing testing -- need to keep that energy high throughout performance
- This was decent, but it would be nice to have a separate (hand operated) camera, and one on a tripod.
- The hand-cam should pan shots of the crowd when they're clapping, etc.
- Video was a little dark -- see note in setup.
- Overheat after (X) minutes of operation.
- We should have the big yellow compressor charged up (10 gallon tank) and ready in an emergency.
- Also see about getting more air compressors/ those rated for higher duty cycle.
- String needed replaced mid-concert because of fraying. We need auto-tuning circuit built in so tension to note value can be calibrated on demand, without a lengthy setup.
- Stick motor came disconnected and had to be re-attached
- Limit switch broke off
- see about more robust method? New switch (all plastic) seems better than the bending metal setup prior.
- Tension motor
- Stops working periodically, perhaps overheating? Find documentation or get a better motor
- Sounds very flat
- Need to provide consistent air supply
- Make sure fingers seal holes completely
- Our percussion is pretty awesome
- We should make a sweet drumline demo