Log 10-21-2011: Build meeting¶
- Borrowed a main receiver from Ben G. for a day; went through the pairing process for receiver/transmitter.
- Finished attaching wires, ran a dry test
- Thanks to Dan Curhan for help with the transmitter
- Dry test was a success, but motors didn't run using the transmitter.
- Hooked up and programmed the board
- Used KopterTool to flash the latest firmware
- Used "b" version of all software/firmware, since we are using the 2.1 version of the FC board
- Flashed the board, tested the motors, they worked ok
- Z-axis gave us problems; we just had to flip the board over so it read the right acceleration
- BL Ctrl boards gave us problems; we powered them, and that helped.
- Soldered all the pieces together, added heat shrink to the right places
- Designed the BL Ctrl boards so that we can heat shrink after wiring; the heat shrink can be added later
- Soldering was a huge pain and took ~4 hours
- Hooked up lights, screwed everything together, ran another test
- Disappointing: got red lights on the BL Ctrl boards
- Seems to be a problem with either power or the I2C bus, but we couldn't figure it out.
- Will continue from here tomorrow.
- Changing RGBDSlam to run on less power
- Emailed RGBDSlam maintainers again for advice on what to change
- Installing ROS on the PandaBoard
- Appropriated Roboclub's monitor, mouse, and keyboard for use with PandaBoard
- Labeled a lot of supplies
- We should use the label maker to label all our supplies with "Quadrotor".