The Scout is sized to fit in the same storage cubbies as the Colony III robots, but there are several motivations to creating a dedicated storage solution:
- Convenient: Scout storage integrates charging contacts
- Accurately placing the robot in the cubby and centering on charging contacts would be a hassle
- Connected: Scout storage offers an ethernet connection
- There is not an elegant way to run cabling across the cubbies
- Universal: The Scout platform is not designed solely for the robotics club
- Provide a designed setup that any one can build and use
The Modular Design¶
- Each section is modular, and integrates charging contacts and an Ethernet cord to keep the bot juiced up and connected.
- The desktop storage units can be connected together and share an Ethernet switch and power connections.