- Thanks to everyone for writing/editing.
- Party - Ben will make a doodle poll.
- Status - Linux is up and running, ROS will be up soon.
- ROS will be up sometime next week.
- Memory on Gumstix is not a problem
- Between AVR and ARM9:
- UART will probably have enough bandwidth
- potentially not enough bandwidth between AVR and Gumstix connection for onboard sensors, especially if we throw a camera onto the expansion bay
- alternate solution
- not use UART -- I^2C, SPI,
- look into it later after more research
Connecting to robot¶
- How are we connecting to robot? SSH? USB?
- We can connect to the gumstix via USB.
- Tell programmers to learn ROS
- Are we going to update ROS on gumstix?
- ROS Open Source code for interfacing with AVR
Getting AVR working¶
- Can we program the AVR at the moment?
- Also are there any sensors mounted on it right now?
- Next step: get AVR on the board and get sensors onto it.
- Make sure AVR circuit is working.
Stuff for next meeting¶
- Figure out hardware situation for board and AVR
- Email Dan Shope and/or Kevin Woo
- Throw the AVR on a protoboard and simulate parts of Scoutfly that we need so we can start writing drivers.