From 09/25/2011 to 10/24/2011
- 11:44 PM Revision 3ef02dd3 (scoutos): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
- 11:35 PM Revision 85538662 (scoutos): Updated the sonar module prototype.
- The biggest change to the proposed node is a restructuring of the sonar code style. Two services (sonar_toggle and so...
- 09:23 PM Revision 14241f84 (scoutos): Added Encoders and USB/Serial ROS nodes. Some of the functions in the
- src/<node>.cpp files are not fully functional yet.
- 06:31 PM Task #1872 (Assigned): IMU on ARM
- Receive IMU data. Use functions and filtering available from ROS library to process received data.
- 05:34 PM Task #1828: Create ROS Node: Cliffsensors
- Created structure. All that is left is the cliffsensors.cpp file which functions need to be written/implemented.
- 05:32 PM Task #1817: Create ROS Node: Buttons
- Created structure. All that is left is the buttons.cpp file which functions need to be written/implemented.
- 05:19 PM Revision 04f50f8a (scoutos): Added buttons and cliffsensor ROS nodes. Everything except for src/<...
- 02:47 AM Task #1827: Create ROS Node: AVR Bridge
- I think getting rosserial working on the ARM side is as simple as running the rosserial_python ROS node. As such, the...
- 10:19 AM Revision a433b5ff (scoutece): solving some angle problems on scoutflu board
- 04:06 AM Task #1871 (Assigned): Make wiring kits for Scout
- Make connectors and wiring stuff for Scout. See attached pdf when ready.
- 04:04 AM Task #1870 (Assigned): Create Scout Chassis
- 3D Print parts for Scout and finish them. Make them out of plastic if we can.
- 04:03 AM Task #1869 (Assigned): Print and Test Scoutfly
- Once Scoutfly is finished being designed, print the boards and test them to make sure they work.
- 04:02 AM Task #1868 (Duplicate): Scoutfly Boards
- Finish designing Scoutfly board so we can get it printed.
- 04:01 AM Task #1867 (Assigned): Charging Base
- Design and Create charging base so we can charge scout
- 03:05 AM Task #1857: Make ARM command Sonar on AVR
- See image for more information.
- 02:52 AM Task #1857 (Assigned): Make ARM command Sonar on AVR
- Command AVR to scan sonar at predetermined positions (ie -90, 0, 90deg) based on user program
- 03:01 AM Task #1864: "Automated" Turning
- ALSO, Calculate maths for PWM setpoints based on desired turning radius. provide different testbeds (hard, soft, slip...
- 03:01 AM Task #1864 (Assigned): "Automated" Turning
- Using feedback from gyroscope and encoders in order to track position change, estimate PWM setpoints to make user req...
- 02:59 AM Task #1863: Track Encoders
- NOTE: this may be made super easy or useless if we can get pose/position estimation using IMU.
- 02:59 AM Task #1863: Track Encoders
- ALSO, convert encoder values to real world tracking, might need to use gyroscope for accuracy of turning.
- 02:58 AM Task #1863 (Assigned): Track Encoders
- Track position of each encoder based on polling topic/motor node
- 02:57 AM Task #1862 (Assigned): Control Motors (ARM)
- Set PWM outputs on appropriate pins. Control motors using ARM
- 02:56 AM Task #1861 (Assigned): Motor & Encoder Wiring
- 1. Wire motors to Scoutfly outputs or motor driver breakout boards
2. Wire encoders to ARM inputs
- 02:54 AM Task #1860 (Assigned): Pose Estimation
- Use filtered IMU data to estimate Scout pose/orientation/position.
- 02:53 AM Task #1858 (Assigned): Read IMU values and send to ARM
- Poll Gyroscope and i2c Accelerometer pins, add packet to queue
- 02:51 AM Task #1856 (Assigned): Sonar on ARM
- Receive sonar position and range from AVR, convert to inches & cm, publish to topic
Might become super easy with A...
- 02:50 AM Task #1855 (Assigned): Automate Stepping and Sonar Reading
- Call stepper moving and sonar triggering function so that Sonar steps then reads then steps again. Does not blur read...
- 02:49 AM Task #1854 (Assigned): Send Sonar Readings to ARM
- read pulse width data from (2) sonars, add to packet queue, send to ARM
- 02:48 AM Task #1853 (Assigned): Sonar Position Tracking
- Write homing sequence to calibrate position, Track position when commanding stepper to move
- 02:48 AM Task #1852 (Assigned): Get Sonar Stepping and Reading
- Command stepper driver to step and set direction bits. Trigger sonar by setting output pin to high (momentarily). Del...
- 02:46 AM Task #1851 (Assigned): Sonar Wiring
- 1. wire stepper to stepper driver outputs, sonar to trigger pin
2. wire homing switch to input pin
3. wire sona...
- 02:41 AM Task #1849: Proximity Test
- If driver code is written and tested, see if you can read the broadcasted message.
- 02:38 AM Task #1849 (Fixed): Proximity Test
- Construct a test unit with single BOM hardware pair facing a wall (surface can be swapped) at varying distances and s...
- 02:40 AM Task #1847: BOM Interference Testing
- If driver code is written and tested, output a unique message for each transmitter, and see what comes in (if anythin...
- 02:36 AM Task #1847 (Assigned): BOM Interference Testing
- Construct a test unit w/ 2 transmitters firing at a single receiver (all can be on same processor). can trigger LEDs ...
- 02:39 AM Task #1850 (Assigned): BOM Driver Code
- functions for encoding and decoding using modified Sharp protocol @ 38Hz modulation. Requires decision regarding sche...
- 02:37 AM Task #1848 (Wontfix): Coverage Testing
- Construct multiple (2-3) independent units with all 4 sensors in a layout matching the Scout robot. Position in varyi...
- 02:35 AM Task #1846 (Fixed): Test 2 BOMS
- construct a test unit w/ 2 BOM hardware units with preferential orientation and see if they can communicate with each...
- 02:35 AM Task #1845 (Fixed): Single BOM Test
- construct a test unit with a single BOM hardware pair, use a universal TV remote to test receiver
- 02:30 AM Task #1730 (Fixed): Learn ROS
- 02:29 AM Task #1777 (Fixed): Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- Got them. In electronics cubby.
- 12:47 AM Revision f88e5dea (colonymech): Updated EZ4 Sonar model with correct dimensions. Updated sonar mo...
- 05:32 PM Revision cf5c3070 (scoutece): Fixed some of the paths which are at unusual angles
- 05:03 PM Revision ca0c1be9 (scoutece): fixing some of the angle problems in scoutfly.sch
- 04:18 PM Revision 0f971c62 (scoutece): Revert "Test commit"
- This reverts commit d2d61ecc68a436f01f7f85756ca0709399543268.
Test revert for demonstration purposes.
- 04:16 PM Revision d2d61ecc (scoutece): Test commit
- Created a new file for demonstration purposes.
- 03:59 PM Revision fd69f43f (colonymech): Updated 3D print files.
- 03:50 PM Revision 247821b9 (colonymech): Added locating features with mounting bosses to front chassis for...
- 03:15 PM Revision ba5424d7 (colonymech): Added locking feature to front sidewalls for tigher assembled fit...
- 09:19 PM Revision c9f87aaf (scoutos): Added code inside motors.cpp to set and read individual speeds in di...
- 08:48 PM Revision b19958dc (colonymech): Added hood latch. Updated rear cover.
- 08:04 PM Revision 7cc78724 (scoutos): Merge ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
- 08:03 PM Revision a5043132 (scoutos): Revert "fixed 2009 to 2011 in date"
- I don't care about this, I'll fix it later.
This reverts commit 266c675837021b50b9c38d45ba9fdee4ffc35a54.
- 07:54 PM Revision 266c6758 (scoutos): fixed 2009 to 2011 in date
- 02:03 PM Revision 781890a0 (colonymech): Updated website structure, navigation, and graphics.
- 06:42 PM Revision ad0e9d48 (scoutos): Added a new Doxygen generator file.
- To generate a "docs" folder containing all autogenerated Doxygen files,
install doxygen, then run "doxygen Doxyfile" ...
- 06:39 PM Revision 18e2028b (scoutos): Updated motors.cpp and motors.h to comply with coding standards and ...
- Changed the module comments so motors are properly labeled as a the motor module.
Chaned indentation to four spaces.
- 05:44 PM Task #1725 (Fixed): Get ROS on Gumstix
- 09:43 PM Task #1789 (Fixed): Test Cliff Sensors
- Completed. (3) Cliff sensors will remain integrated into the mechanicals - sensor population is optional based on cos...
- 07:17 PM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Tested 3 cliff sensors mounted on chassis. Same power for test rig. Made sure batteries stayed above 6v for all of te...
- 12:40 PM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Cliff sensors have been mounted in new chassis, facing down vertically. We will need to test on this chassis to see h...
- 07:12 PM Bug #1807: Website Work Log
- Add pricing page (placeholder)
- 12:39 PM Task #1798: Mechanical Work Log
- -* tighten geometry around pivot nut-
-* extend boss for IR emitters-
-* make all motor wiring holes match-
- 12:37 PM Revision bc5f1122 (colonymech): Added mounting bosses for rear cliff sensors
- 12:25 PM Revision 8153d9cc (colonymech): Completed mechanical backlog on new rear chassis. Added renders f...
- 03:03 AM Task #1825: Create ROS Node: Wireless
- Assignment changed to Prashant as per last status meeting.
- 12:02 AM Revision a01d59ea (colonymech): Organized wagon renders. Added 18x24in SCOUT REV5 poster.
- 06:18 PM Task #1830 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Analog
- Create the ROS node for the analog. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The nod...
- 06:16 PM Task #1829 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: BOM
- Create the ROS node for the BOM. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The node d...
- 06:07 PM Task #1828 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Cliffsensors
- Create the ROS node for the cliffsensors. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. T...
- 06:06 PM Task #1827 (Fixed): Create ROS Node: AVR Bridge
- Create the ROS node for the avr bridge. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The...
- 06:06 PM Task #1826 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: USB Serial
- Create the ROS node for the USB serial. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The...
- 06:05 PM Task #1825 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Wireless
- Create the ROS node for the wireless. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The n...
- 06:04 PM Task #1824 (Fixed): Create ROS Node: Sonar
- Create the ROS node for the sonar. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The node...
- 06:02 PM Task #1823 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Encoders
- Create the ROS node for the encoders. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The n...
- 06:02 PM Task #1822 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Accessory
- Create the ROS node for the accessory. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The ...
- 05:59 PM Task #1821 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: IMU
- Create the ROS node for the IMU. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The node d...
- 05:58 PM Task #1820 (Fixed): Create ROS Node: Power
- Create the ROS node for the power system. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. T...
- 05:57 PM Task #1819 (Fixed): Create ROS Node: Headlights
- Create the ROS node for the headlights. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The...
- 05:55 PM Task #1818 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Timer
- Create the ROS node for the timer. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos. The node...
- 05:51 PM Task #1817 (Assigned): Create ROS Node: Buttons
- Create the ROS node for the buttons. The git repo can be found: git clone ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
- 10:16 AM Enhancement #1808 (Assigned): Video for Scout Intro
- ala Google's awesome sketchy intro videos
- 10:09 AM Bug #1807 (Assigned): Website Work Log
- -Add pictures to the sensors & comm page on www.colonyscout.com-
-Default mode for sensors should be expanded, not...
- 12:16 PM Bug #1806: Gumstix Memory Change
- I believe I'm using more recent bootloaders than October 2010. If not, the actual boot process and what is booting (...
- 12:05 PM Bug #1806 (Wontfix): Gumstix Memory Change
- FYI, new Gumstix boards have changed hardware
- 11:24 AM Revision 126146b7 (colonymech): Added WebsiteSlider graphics and custom google apps logo.
- 02:28 AM Task #1805: Cheaper Gumstix, Check Compatiblity
- The lack of onboard NAND (flash memory) is not a problem. What could potentially be a problem is that it only has ha...
- 02:15 AM Task #1805 (Fixed): Cheaper Gumstix, Check Compatiblity
- See if this is a drop-in replacement for our current (Overo Earth) Gumstix. We could save $35/board.
- 04:02 PM Enhancement #1799 (Fixed): Setup email@example.com
- We have a Google Apps domain setup for ColonyScout - this has our docs, mail, etc.
Support@ has been added to this...
- 03:18 PM Revision 00842750 (scoutos): Edited manifest.xml and mainpage.dox to have better descriptions.
- 02:52 PM Enhancement #1530: Create roboclub demo
- Bumped for Oct 23 Pittsburgh Maker Faire
- 02:05 PM Revision 5a69879a (colonymech): Updated BOM sketch block for 5mm diameter hardware. Added signpos...
- 01:45 PM Revision 36d4e296 (colonymech): Updated website with shopping cart and pricing page. Updated CAD ...
- 12:00 PM Task #1801 (Fixed): Call Freeman Supply about Color Mixing
- Called Tech Support this morning - No degradation of performance or shelf life (as long as using Freeman or Huntsman ...
- 01:17 AM Revision 7ba378cb (colonymech): Added cliff sensor mounts.
- 03:07 PM Task #1791 (Fixed): Fastener Purchasing
- Reimbursement received.
- 03:05 PM Task #1801 (Fixed): Call Freeman Supply about Color Mixing
- Find out if it is safe (no degradation of shelf life/performance) to store Urethanes with premixed (liquid) colors. W...
- 03:01 PM Task #1800 (Assigned): Research PCB Assemby Costing
- Max B has worked with EPD (http://www.epdelectronics.com/gallery.html) outside of Pittsburgh - slow turn, high volume.
- 03:01 PM Enhancement #1799 (Fixed): Setup firstname.lastname@example.org
- For email based support - forward to email@example.com - this ties into our Assistly customer support help desk.
- 05:31 AM Revision 056305bf (colonymech): Updated hood details (aesthetic button cutout, latching mechanism...
- 04:54 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Also, it makes sense that it works poorly at the angled orientation - the surface roughness has to be > wavelength in...
- 04:51 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Great work!
We should still look at the signal (scope or log via microcontroller) lines to see what the transient ...
- 03:57 AM Task #1798 (Assigned): Mechanical Work Log
- * Create undercut latch for hood (center, recess on front lip)
* Increase height of hood scoop (aesthetic)
* Model ...
- 12:49 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Preliminary Test Results:
Power: Colony 5xNi-MH battery pack (charged, or at least above 6v for entire te...
- 10:53 PM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Test various speeds
* Slow - 5 in/sec
* Medium - 15 in/sec
* Fast - >25 in/sec
- 11:34 PM Enhancement #1797 (Assigned): Design SmartFly Smart Acessory Reference Board
- Based on Arduino Pro Mini (schematic) - see http://www.roboticsclub.org/redmine/projects/colonyscout/wiki/ECESmartAcc...
- 11:01 PM Enhancement #1796 (Assigned): Audio Command & Output Accessory
- Microphone + Speaker output, possible use a speech generation chip and/or voice recognition chip OR load software ont...
- 10:59 PM Task #1724: Money Requisition
- Looking for >$4000 for development (prototyping and manufacturing) of 5-10 robot kits for internal use in the Robotic...
- 10:51 PM Task #1793 (Fixed): Create mockup for Cliff Sensor Testing
- 10:29 PM Revision b64c27b7 (scoutos): Merge ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
- 10:26 PM Revision 0121ead7 (scoutos): Added the ROS stack with the libscout, motors, and sonar packages to...
- 01:38 PM Task #1777: Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- Sent order to Robbie. Waiting on parts.
- 08:18 AM Revision a918b9bd (colonymech): Added STL for right headlight and pivot lock plate
- 07:18 AM Revision 843b2375 (colonymech): Updated wiring guides and schematic.
- 06:46 AM Revision d32d29a2 (colonymech): Updated master STLs for 3D printing. Updated wiring diagrams and ...
- 04:57 AM Task #1793 (Fixed): Create mockup for Cliff Sensor Testing
- Build a mock Scout (or provide dimensions to MechE team) that holds (3) cliff sensors for testing.
- 04:52 AM Task #1792 (Assigned): Electronics Purchasing, OCT-08
- IN PROGRESS
QTY 12 - Power Switch - http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=0&y=0&lang=en&...
- 04:48 AM Task #1791 (Fixed): Fastener Purchasing
- File for reimbursement:
QTY 2 - 100pk 1/4" Threading Screws - http://www.mcmaster.com/#93878a106/=edu5mj
QTY 1 - 50...
- 05:28 PM Revision 6aece861 (scoutece): Added kwoo's standalone charging schematic.
- charging_test.sch is a standalone circuit schematic for a prototype to
test the charging circuit that will ultimately...
- 02:01 AM Task #1789 (Fixed): Test Cliff Sensors
- Option 1:
Wire cliff sensors directly to LEDs, move across different surfaces and record behavior (false positives, ...
- 09:18 PM Revision 3a135404 (colonymech): Created reference geometry (surfaces only) for rear accessory des...
- 07:45 PM Revision 358dfffe (colonymech): Added Kinect accessory mount. Added back pivot block and diamond ...
- 04:53 PM Revision a9a82abe (colonymech): Separated Rev4 CAD models into dedicated directory, removed out o...
- 04:06 PM Revision a4bfa38b (colonymech): Re-organized CAD. Archived old diagnostic station, renamed Autono...
- 03:43 PM Task #1431 (Wontfix): Spec front air filter foam
- 03:43 PM Task #1480 (Wontfix): Find red Powder Coating
- 03:43 PM Enhancement #1485 (Fixed): Viability of switching Gyros (larger range, faster, cheaper, smaller)
- 03:43 PM Task #1514 (Wontfix): Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- 03:41 PM Revision d286ea26 (colonymech): Re-organized renders and graphics. Photos now grouped by subassem...
- 07:32 PM Revision 1f8c3e29 (colonymech): Added strengthening lip behind bumper.
- 02:53 PM Task #1777: Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- Three vendors - SparkFun, Newark, and Pololu - please group by vendor before sending on to Treasurer/Peggy.
- 02:44 PM Task #1777 (Fixed): Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- For testing IR BOM
- 10:13 PM Revision b68f4fd7 (scoutece): Finished hooking up new gyroscope.
- Connected pitch output of gyroscope to AVR and gave pitch an output LPF.
Added optional HPFs to both pitch and yaw ou...
- 12:19 AM Revision 7de130c2 (colonymech): Updated buttons for 2 rocking positions
- 11:17 PM Revision 928e9487 (colonymech): Added button capture to hood button.
- 04:04 PM Revision c406f16b (scoutos): Created first version of git repository; added libscout and motors p...
- The repository root is the ros directory, which contains the ROS stack for the scout project.
The included files are ...
Also available in: Atom