From 09/12/2011 to 10/11/2011
- 12:16 PM Bug #1806: Gumstix Memory Change
- I believe I'm using more recent bootloaders than October 2010. If not, the actual boot process and what is booting (...
- 12:05 PM Bug #1806 (Wontfix): Gumstix Memory Change
- FYI, new Gumstix boards have changed hardware
- 11:24 AM Revision 126146b7 (colonymech): Added WebsiteSlider graphics and custom google apps logo.
- 02:28 AM Task #1805: Cheaper Gumstix, Check Compatiblity
- The lack of onboard NAND (flash memory) is not a problem. What could potentially be a problem is that it only has ha...
- 02:15 AM Task #1805 (Fixed): Cheaper Gumstix, Check Compatiblity
- See if this is a drop-in replacement for our current (Overo Earth) Gumstix. We could save $35/board.
- 04:02 PM Enhancement #1799 (Fixed): Setup firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a Google Apps domain setup for ColonyScout - this has our docs, mail, etc.
Support@ has been added to this...
- 03:18 PM Revision 00842750 (scoutos): Edited manifest.xml and mainpage.dox to have better descriptions.
- 02:52 PM Enhancement #1530: Create roboclub demo
- Bumped for Oct 23 Pittsburgh Maker Faire
- 02:05 PM Revision 5a69879a (colonymech): Updated BOM sketch block for 5mm diameter hardware. Added signpos...
- 01:45 PM Revision 36d4e296 (colonymech): Updated website with shopping cart and pricing page. Updated CAD ...
- 12:00 PM Task #1801 (Fixed): Call Freeman Supply about Color Mixing
- Called Tech Support this morning - No degradation of performance or shelf life (as long as using Freeman or Huntsman ...
- 01:17 AM Revision 7ba378cb (colonymech): Added cliff sensor mounts.
- 03:07 PM Task #1791 (Fixed): Fastener Purchasing
- Reimbursement received.
- 03:05 PM Task #1801 (Fixed): Call Freeman Supply about Color Mixing
- Find out if it is safe (no degradation of shelf life/performance) to store Urethanes with premixed (liquid) colors. W...
- 03:01 PM Task #1800 (Assigned): Research PCB Assemby Costing
- Max B has worked with EPD (http://www.epdelectronics.com/gallery.html) outside of Pittsburgh - slow turn, high volume.
- 03:01 PM Enhancement #1799 (Fixed): Setup email@example.com
- For email based support - forward to firstname.lastname@example.org - this ties into our Assistly customer support help desk.
- 05:31 AM Revision 056305bf (colonymech): Updated hood details (aesthetic button cutout, latching mechanism...
- 04:54 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Also, it makes sense that it works poorly at the angled orientation - the surface roughness has to be > wavelength in...
- 04:51 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Great work!
We should still look at the signal (scope or log via microcontroller) lines to see what the transient ...
- 03:57 AM Task #1798 (Assigned): Mechanical Work Log
- * Create undercut latch for hood (center, recess on front lip)
* Increase height of hood scoop (aesthetic)
* Model ...
- 12:49 AM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Preliminary Test Results:
Power: Colony 5xNi-MH battery pack (charged, or at least above 6v for entire te...
- 10:53 PM Task #1789: Test Cliff Sensors
- Test various speeds
* Slow - 5 in/sec
* Medium - 15 in/sec
* Fast - >25 in/sec
- 11:34 PM Enhancement #1797 (Assigned): Design SmartFly Smart Acessory Reference Board
- Based on Arduino Pro Mini (schematic) - see http://www.roboticsclub.org/redmine/projects/colonyscout/wiki/ECESmartAcc...
- 11:01 PM Enhancement #1796 (Assigned): Audio Command & Output Accessory
- Microphone + Speaker output, possible use a speech generation chip and/or voice recognition chip OR load software ont...
- 10:59 PM Task #1724: Money Requisition
- Looking for >$4000 for development (prototyping and manufacturing) of 5-10 robot kits for internal use in the Robotic...
- 10:51 PM Task #1793 (Fixed): Create mockup for Cliff Sensor Testing
- 10:29 PM Revision b64c27b7 (scoutos): Merge ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scoutos
- 10:26 PM Revision 0121ead7 (scoutos): Added the ROS stack with the libscout, motors, and sonar packages to...
- 01:38 PM Task #1777: Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- Sent order to Robbie. Waiting on parts.
- 08:18 AM Revision a918b9bd (colonymech): Added STL for right headlight and pivot lock plate
- 07:18 AM Revision 843b2375 (colonymech): Updated wiring guides and schematic.
- 06:46 AM Revision d32d29a2 (colonymech): Updated master STLs for 3D printing. Updated wiring diagrams and ...
- 04:57 AM Task #1793 (Fixed): Create mockup for Cliff Sensor Testing
- Build a mock Scout (or provide dimensions to MechE team) that holds (3) cliff sensors for testing.
- 04:52 AM Task #1792 (Assigned): Electronics Purchasing, OCT-08
- IN PROGRESS
QTY 12 - Power Switch - http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?x=0&y=0&lang=en&...
- 04:48 AM Task #1791 (Fixed): Fastener Purchasing
- File for reimbursement:
QTY 2 - 100pk 1/4" Threading Screws - http://www.mcmaster.com/#93878a106/=edu5mj
QTY 1 - 50...
- 05:28 PM Revision 6aece861 (scoutece): Added kwoo's standalone charging schematic.
- charging_test.sch is a standalone circuit schematic for a prototype to
test the charging circuit that will ultimately...
- 02:01 AM Task #1789 (Fixed): Test Cliff Sensors
- Option 1:
Wire cliff sensors directly to LEDs, move across different surfaces and record behavior (false positives, ...
- 09:18 PM Revision 3a135404 (colonymech): Created reference geometry (surfaces only) for rear accessory des...
- 07:45 PM Revision 358dfffe (colonymech): Added Kinect accessory mount. Added back pivot block and diamond ...
- 04:53 PM Revision a9a82abe (colonymech): Separated Rev4 CAD models into dedicated directory, removed out o...
- 04:06 PM Revision a4bfa38b (colonymech): Re-organized CAD. Archived old diagnostic station, renamed Autono...
- 03:43 PM Task #1431 (Wontfix): Spec front air filter foam
- 03:43 PM Task #1480 (Wontfix): Find red Powder Coating
- 03:43 PM Enhancement #1485 (Fixed): Viability of switching Gyros (larger range, faster, cheaper, smaller)
- 03:43 PM Task #1514 (Wontfix): Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- 03:41 PM Revision d286ea26 (colonymech): Re-organized renders and graphics. Photos now grouped by subassem...
- 07:32 PM Revision 1f8c3e29 (colonymech): Added strengthening lip behind bumper.
- 02:53 PM Task #1777: Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- Three vendors - SparkFun, Newark, and Pololu - please group by vendor before sending on to Treasurer/Peggy.
- 02:44 PM Task #1777 (Fixed): Parts Order for Fall Prototype Testing
- For testing IR BOM
- 10:13 PM Revision b68f4fd7 (scoutece): Finished hooking up new gyroscope.
- Connected pitch output of gyroscope to AVR and gave pitch an output LPF.
Added optional HPFs to both pitch and yaw ou...
- 12:19 AM Revision 7de130c2 (colonymech): Updated buttons for 2 rocking positions
- 11:17 PM Revision 928e9487 (colonymech): Added button capture to hood button.
- 04:04 PM Revision c406f16b (scoutos): Created first version of git repository; added libscout and motors p...
- The repository root is the ros directory, which contains the ROS stack for the scout project.
The included files are ...
- 04:44 AM Task #1727: Update Boards on Eagle
- Reversed FFC connector and switched to new gyroscope part. Still need to prototype new power regulator circuit and th...
- 04:39 AM Revision 0075932e (scoutece): Routed new gyroscope.
- Routed new gyroscope on board in Eagle.
- 03:53 AM Revision 64958645 (scoutece): Swapped gyroscope part in schematic.
- Replaced old gyroscope part with new one in schematic. Assuming that
pitch output or amplified outputs are undesired....
- 05:30 AM Revision d4a38876 (scoutece): Added Eagle part for new gyroscope.
- Created symbol for new gyroscope (LPY5150AL). This part is sold by
Sparkfun but not in the Sparkfun Eagle library. An...
- 11:06 PM Revision 5dbaecb0 (scoutece): Flipped FFC connector on PCB.
- Flipped FFC connector (part J3) on Scoutfly so that mating side faces
out from edge of board. Rerouted wires connecti...
Also available in: Atom