From 09/28/2010 to 10/27/2010
- 03:30 PM Bug #1516 (Fixed): Test rocker switch for 4A sustained power
15 minutes @ 9V & 4A
10 minutes @ 9V & 5A
All tests passed (no heating, smoke, etc)
- 06:10 PM Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Dual NPN, 500mA carrying current, 5V Base, Cheap
- 11:12 AM Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- All the quad NPN transistors I can find (in a SOIC-16 package) are end of life/obsolete. Digikey/Mouser don't carry a...
- 11:05 AM Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Good catch. We are replacing this part: http://www.newark.com/fairchild-semiconductor/mmpq3904/bipolar-transistor-qua...
- 03:10 AM Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Both parts on this page are NPN/PNP...they have two of each, not 4 NPN.
- 12:20 AM Task #1536 (Fixed): Add WhereUsed category to inventory db
- 11:44 PM Task #978: System Wiring
- Wiring lengths all calculated and recorded, with appropriate gauges and connectors. Needs to be tested on rev5 build.
- 11:43 PM Task #1511 (Fixed): Probes for small SMT parts
- Created requisition for Treasurer on Officers project (as a general roboclub purchase)
- 02:31 PM Task #1511: Probes for small SMT parts
- If we only get one of these, we should get this one:
SET MICROTIP TEST PROBE SMD : http://search.digikey.com/scripts...
- 05:05 AM Task #986 (Fixed): Charging Station Fuse
- 05:05 AM Task #1468 (Fixed): Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- 05:05 AM Bug #1482 (Fixed): Purchase equipment for surface mount soldering
- 05:02 AM Task #1536 (Fixed): Add WhereUsed category to inventory db
- used for important parts to aid in documenting usage
- 05:33 PM Bug #1533 (Fixed): Resize drill holes for USB Mini B
- USB Mini B connector does not fit on the Scoutfly boards properly - rectangular leads at the bottom into a small dril...
- 02:20 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- These might be good for mechanical parts
- 02:18 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Buy bins to match our current system:
"We have (4) of these StackOn 27 drawer organizers ($15.88)":http://www.amaz...
- 02:14 AM Bug #1531 (Fixed): Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Found replacement part for Quad NPN transistor on Scoutfly
- 02:04 AM Revision 35a91374 (colonymech): Updated BOM labels with final missing components
- 12:51 AM Enhancement #1530 (Assigned): Create roboclub demo
- Create a demo-able Scout platform sitting in the club ready to go for tours, etc.
- 03:35 PM Revision 3c3e90c6 (scoutece): Centered hall effect sensor, broke out mag_inc and mag_dec pins
- 01:24 PM Revision 304be10a (scoutece): Shortened encoder board, added more descriptive silk
- 12:19 PM Revision e534bf1f (colonymech): Added specs for additional sensors
- 04:35 AM Revision 20335492 (colonymech): Storage station now in parts for manufacturing. Added integrated ...
- 04:32 AM Revision 7152a0c2 (scoutece): Updated charging board, added diagnostic magnetic encoder boards
- 08:37 PM Revision b710722b (colonymech): Added ignore filter for thumbs.db
- 08:31 PM Revision 615998c7 (colonymech): First version of Autonomous Charging Station
- 08:56 AM Bug #1517 (Fixed): Lower tolerance on baseplates
- Clearance on pivot block hole and BOM mounts is too close for manufacturing
- 07:23 AM Revision ba68a1bc (colonymech): Added charging station and integrated diagnotics station
- 03:58 PM Task #997 (Wontfix): Spec out microphone
- 03:57 PM Enhancement #1469 (Fixed): Spring return on rocker pivot
- 03:57 PM Task #1470 (Fixed): Design bending check parts
- 03:32 PM Revision 6985a471 (scoutece): fixed: Charge LED was always connected to 5V. Revised silk
- 12:43 AM Revision b8968e65 (scoutece): Added mini blade fuse, enlarged silk
- 11:54 PM Bug #1516 (Fixed): Test rocker switch for 4A sustained power
- Scout & Charging station share same, Scout will pull 4A nominally
- 10:24 PM Revision 216ddf64 (scoutece): Revised sense resistor to 1W rating to handle 2A load
- 10:56 AM Revision 05e24d09 (scoutece): Fixed packages and added silk
- 09:45 AM Revision a8a0d61c (scoutece): Created board schematic and started layout for charging board
- 01:00 AM Revision 70e6ec65 (scoutece): Added storage/charging station
- 09:34 AM Task #1514: Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Chassis Options
$12.99 "Black textured":http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_122&products_...
- 09:23 AM Task #1514 (Wontfix): Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Used http://www.electro-kote.com/ this summer with NREC -- see if they'll paint our parts for free
Do black on eve...
- 03:05 PM Task #1511: Probes for small SMT parts
- From Digikey:
SMD TEST TWEEZERS W/DMM PLUG 48" : http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=...
- 03:04 AM Task #1511 (Fixed): Probes for small SMT parts
- Find small probes for checking SMT components (MLF, LGA, TSSOP, etc)
- 09:08 AM Revision 4751a7e3 (colonymech): Changed hood to 3D printed/cast part. Added ridges for strength a...
- 02:19 AM Revision b8dc95be (colonymech): Added hood ridges and slanted front bumper. Added 3D print job an...
- 10:03 PM Revision c2380f55 (scoutece): renamed 10.04 gerber zip
- 09:58 PM Revision e63c0078 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 09:58 PM Revision 5edd4248 (scoutece): fixed extra inner layer problem with set used-layers
- 02:41 AM Revision f8db5fb1 (colonymech): Revised headlights, added seals for wheel weels, FFC routing cham...
- 12:41 PM Revision 961d884b (colonymech): Added plastic spring return cover
- 06:03 AM Revision e17c9f80 (colonymech): Spring return detailed renders
- 06:01 AM Revision a8653ace (colonymech): Locked for production. Added mounting holes to rear cover, bend g...
- 02:35 AM Revision 2e2d3295 (colonymech): finished adding renders
- 02:27 AM Revision fabda7d7 (colonymech): added wallpapers and renders
- 02:23 AM Revision fac33c90 (colonymech): Added docs
- 02:21 AM Revision a085ce64 (colonymech): Added renders
- 02:20 AM Revision 06454cf7 (colonymech): Added Doc images for websites and assembly instructions
- 02:19 AM Revision 40f869d2 (colonymech): Added docs directory
- 02:18 AM Revision 6b003c8e (colonymech): Spring return assy now optimized. Front baseplate now resolves fl...
- 12:27 AM Task #1494 (Assigned): Assembly Instructions
- Update [[AssemblyInstructions]] with pictures for each step
- 11:49 PM Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This material (in several layers) may work
- 04:21 PM Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- 04:21 PM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Update: Passed DFM with flying colors!
- 04:20 PM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Submitted to freedfm.com. I accidently submitted the bottom silkscreen as well (which is blank) and had to select "tw...
- 03:54 PM Revision 4da41ff3 (colonymech): Added spring return system and power switch.
- 07:50 PM Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- 03:32 PM Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- Has reference to ranging bom -- move this into old section.
- 12:18 AM Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Battery is out of stock until December 10, 2010 (according to email from sales@ on 10-08-2010)
- 12:46 PM Revision 5e6a72bb (scoutece): re-ran CAM with dimension layer
- 12:44 PM Revision 08e1f529 (scoutece): added dimensions file
- 06:23 AM Revision 4fe4621c (colonymech): Magnets now clasp on Scoutfly bolts, headlights clear filter moun...
- 05:52 AM Revision 4e999f10 (colonymech): Added air filters and clips, scoutfly mounting hardware. Updated ...
- 12:56 AM Enhancement #1485 (Fixed): Viability of switching Gyros (larger range, faster, cheaper, smaller)
- New gyro from SparkFun ($7.95/ea)
- 08:44 PM Revision b682ad2e (colonymech): Rear cover now single piece, replacing rear batt support. Updated...
- 06:58 PM Revision 577611a0 (colonymech): Fixed alignment of wheel wells.
- 06:34 PM Revision fd32a4f2 (colonymech): Revised front assembly, added bend check tools. Updated wiring sc...
- 12:48 AM Revision e8c100a1 (colonymech): Added firewall to front baseplate, lengthened wheelbase
- 03:02 PM Bug #1482 (Fixed): Purchase equipment for surface mount soldering
- *Need new tweezers (antimagnetic, fine tip)*
- 02:10 AM Task #1480 (Wontfix): Find red Powder Coating
- purchase red http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/images/candyredweb.jpg powder coat, or find out if Jason Meredith i...
- 01:37 AM Revision edaffaf1 (colonymech): Started internal scout website for inventory and part tracking
- 12:32 AM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- The Sparkfun tutorial is a good start. Look at http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=109 st...
- 11:35 PM Task #1478 (Assigned): BOM Send/Receive Functions
- develop a function for parsing input using the Sharp 38khz protocol
code is running on the ATMega128RFA1. Consult ...
- 03:42 PM Revision 93c9e9e1 (colonymech): Added presentations and reference files
- 03:41 PM Revision df3fc813 (colonymech): Added funding proposals and accessory design specs
- 03:40 PM Revision 7422d593 (colonymech): Added website (internal & external) files
- 03:39 PM Revision 15c24319 (colonymech): Added component specs
- 03:36 PM Revision 2078a38b (colonymech): Added renders directory
- 03:35 PM Revision 0b6ae624 (scoutece): using 11 mil clearance, added latest gerber zip
- 03:32 PM Revision 91d5ae2e (colonymech): Added logos and renders directories
- 06:32 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Labels are purchased, waiting to buy the bins -- found (3) 27 drawer organizers in roboclub. Cleaning up and using fo...
- 12:56 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Also purchase (laser) printable labels
"8000ct (0.5"x1.75"), white":http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G4JRMA/ref=...
- 12:39 AM Task #1468 (Fixed): Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Circuit boards have 100+ unique parts, 20-30 (small) parts for mechanical and sensors
(QTY 2) 44 bins, large and s...
- 03:12 AM Task #975 (Wontfix): Hood Buttons
- 03:11 AM Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- creater gerber files for Breakfly and check on freedfm.com
- 03:10 AM Task #1087 (Fixed): Design Breakfly
- 02:12 AM Task #1470 (Fixed): Design bending check parts
- Layout (flat) tools for checking the bend profile of the baseplates and other bent parts. Should be cut from 0.63" TH...
- 02:06 AM Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This might be too dense, but is easy to cut and available at craft stores, etc. We shouldn't have too many thermal ov...
- 02:03 AM Enhancement #1469 (Fixed): Spring return on rocker pivot
- Design a few concept methods of spring return. Emphasis on very simple, low part count, and cost. Must be <$1 assembl...
- 12:34 AM Task #817 (Fixed): Machine pivot blocks
- 09:07 PM Revision 4f7d0ad8 (colonymech): Added 3D print files
- 08:56 PM Revision 0a40eeee (colonymech): Fixed file names
- 08:45 PM Revision dbe32020 (colonymech): Renamed and linked files into system based structure
- 06:00 PM Revision 69490f84 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 06:00 PM Revision 8da595fa (scoutece): added gerbers as of october 3, 2010. dfm check in progress.
- 04:52 PM Revision e6d7e8f4 (scoutece): Increased trace width on VCC and ACC_5V lines
- 04:04 PM Revision 0c208777 (scoutece): Changed trace angles to 45deg and moved vias from silkscreen
- 04:48 AM Revision 695b4792 (scoutece): Added SmartFly directory and component specs for ATtiny261
- 08:02 PM Revision 0cae467a (scoutece): Added website silk and moved vias away from silk labels
- 05:01 PM Revision 556b570c (scoutece): Rerouted traces for aesthetics
- 04:24 PM Revision b89112d4 (scoutece): Revised to pass DRC, added top ground plane and connecting vias
- 02:02 PM Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- 05:29 AM Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- should be 10-16mils
- 06:58 AM Revision a6d3ef7d (scoutece): Changed power traces to 16mil, refined layout
- 06:04 AM Revision d0414ffa (colonymech): Added Breakfly board connectors and updated rear assembly for bre...
- 05:27 AM Revision 73a9bda8 (scoutece): Changed trace width to 8mil as per BatchPCB DRC, changed stepper to...
- 05:14 AM Revision a29d1267 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 05:14 AM Revision f81c1cf2 (scoutece): updated scoutfly with new jst parts
- 05:13 AM Revision 03cd303f (scoutece): updated silk on jst parts
- 03:53 AM Revision 3d87cfc5 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 03:53 AM Revision 8816f777 (scoutece): All components routed, first pass. Needs cleaned up and final silk ...
- 03:17 AM Revision d728c9d0 (scoutece): updated gitignore for temp library files
- 02:27 AM Revision 6bcb5074 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 02:27 AM Revision 2ca21076 (scoutece): added JST_6 VERT part
- 02:23 AM Revision f8575683 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 02:22 AM Revision 23f3c5b5 (scoutece): Started routing, all but sonar and stepper.
- 01:25 AM Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- Turns out that the cliff sensors are actually button headers, so I redid the silk.
- 12:45 AM Bug #1455: Rename Edge Detector silk
- Silk done.
The cliff sensor headers are not evenly spaced. Fix?
- 12:46 AM Bug #1443: Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- Part changed to vertical on scoutfly.
- 12:45 AM Bug #1443 (Fixed): Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- 12:37 AM Revision 8881541a (scoutece): swapped jst-5 headers from right angle to vertical
- 10:06 PM Revision c3058e17 (scoutece): Added .gitignore file to ignore Eagle temp files
- 09:56 PM Revision 5b9e82f5 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 09:55 PM Revision 5656b5b1 (scoutece): Added silk and mounting holes
- 08:50 PM Revision 852fef4c (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 08:50 PM Revision 6a759754 (scoutece): Roboclub logo library
- 03:57 PM Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- On Scoutfly -- rename Edge Detectors to CLIFF0, CLIFF1, CLIFF2.
Cliff 0 is the front sensor, I believe this is lab...
- 03:52 PM Task #999 (Fixed): Colony III Members
- 03:51 PM Task #974 (Fixed): Accessory Ball Bearing
- 03:51 PM Bug #1096 (Fixed): Orb Reflectors
- 03:51 PM Bug #1385 (Fixed): Scoutfly mounting holes to ground plane
- 03:50 PM Bug #1450 (Fixed): Sonar and Accessory Pin Numbering
- 03:50 PM Bug #1442 (Fixed): Scoutfly - Add Grounded Screw Holes
- 02:14 PM Revision c1e53ab6 (scoutece): Added 5x2 accessory header and placed components
- 04:44 AM Revision 53f8278b (scoutece): Added board perimeter, consolidated power connectors
- 02:10 AM Revision c2b99a7d (scoutece): Revised header placement on breafkly for more efficent routing
- 12:03 AM Revision 4049ea60 (scoutece): Renamed board to breakfly.sch
- 08:51 PM Revision 8403f0b7 (scoutece): Added breakfly diagram
- 05:15 PM Revision f0540dcf (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 05:07 PM Revision 7dd29004 (scoutece): initial commit jst-based breakfly board
- 04:32 PM Revision 03b2958c (scoutece): Renamed (molex cgrid) Breakfly schematic to breakfly_old. Starting ...
- 02:39 AM Revision c186ea43 (colonymech): Added JST connectors, Revised Breakfly with JST connectors. Chang...
- 11:22 PM Bug #1450 (Fixed): Sonar and Accessory Pin Numbering
Also available in: Atom