From 09/16/2010 to 10/15/2010
- 11:54 PM Bug #1516 (Fixed): Test rocker switch for 4A sustained power
- Scout & Charging station share same, Scout will pull 4A nominally
- 09:34 AM Task #1514: Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Chassis Options
$12.99 "Black textured":http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_122&products_...
- 09:23 AM Task #1514 (Wontfix): Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Used http://www.electro-kote.com/ this summer with NREC -- see if they'll paint our parts for free
Do black on eve...
- 03:05 PM Task #1511: Probes for small SMT parts
- From Digikey:
SMD TEST TWEEZERS W/DMM PLUG 48" : http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=...
- 03:04 AM Task #1511 (Fixed): Probes for small SMT parts
- Find small probes for checking SMT components (MLF, LGA, TSSOP, etc)
- 12:27 AM Task #1494 (Assigned): Assembly Instructions
- Update [[AssemblyInstructions]] with pictures for each step
- 11:49 PM Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This material (in several layers) may work
- 04:21 PM Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- 04:21 PM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Update: Passed DFM with flying colors!
- 04:20 PM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Submitted to freedfm.com. I accidently submitted the bottom silkscreen as well (which is blank) and had to select "tw...
- 07:50 PM Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- 03:32 PM Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- Has reference to ranging bom -- move this into old section.
- 12:18 AM Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Battery is out of stock until December 10, 2010 (according to email from sales@ on 10-08-2010)
- 12:56 AM Enhancement #1485 (Fixed): Viability of switching Gyros (larger range, faster, cheaper, smaller)
- New gyro from SparkFun ($7.95/ea)
- 03:02 PM Bug #1482 (Fixed): Purchase equipment for surface mount soldering
- *Need new tweezers (antimagnetic, fine tip)*
- 02:10 AM Task #1480 (Wontfix): Find red Powder Coating
- purchase red http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/images/candyredweb.jpg powder coat, or find out if Jason Meredith i...
- 12:32 AM Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- The Sparkfun tutorial is a good start. Look at http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=109 st...
- 11:35 PM Task #1478 (Assigned): BOM Send/Receive Functions
- develop a function for parsing input using the Sharp 38khz protocol
code is running on the ATMega128RFA1. Consult ...
- 06:32 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Labels are purchased, waiting to buy the bins -- found (3) 27 drawer organizers in roboclub. Cleaning up and using fo...
- 12:56 AM Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Also purchase (laser) printable labels
"8000ct (0.5"x1.75"), white":http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G4JRMA/ref=...
- 12:39 AM Task #1468 (Fixed): Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Circuit boards have 100+ unique parts, 20-30 (small) parts for mechanical and sensors
(QTY 2) 44 bins, large and s...
- 03:12 AM Task #975 (Wontfix): Hood Buttons
- 03:11 AM Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- creater gerber files for Breakfly and check on freedfm.com
- 03:10 AM Task #1087 (Fixed): Design Breakfly
- 02:12 AM Task #1470 (Fixed): Design bending check parts
- Layout (flat) tools for checking the bend profile of the baseplates and other bent parts. Should be cut from 0.63" TH...
- 02:06 AM Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This might be too dense, but is easy to cut and available at craft stores, etc. We shouldn't have too many thermal ov...
- 02:03 AM Enhancement #1469 (Fixed): Spring return on rocker pivot
- Design a few concept methods of spring return. Emphasis on very simple, low part count, and cost. Must be <$1 assembl...
- 12:34 AM Task #817 (Fixed): Machine pivot blocks
- 02:02 PM Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- 05:29 AM Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- should be 10-16mils
- 01:25 AM Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- Turns out that the cliff sensors are actually button headers, so I redid the silk.
- 12:45 AM Bug #1455: Rename Edge Detector silk
- Silk done.
The cliff sensor headers are not evenly spaced. Fix?
- 12:46 AM Bug #1443: Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- Part changed to vertical on scoutfly.
- 12:45 AM Bug #1443 (Fixed): Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- 03:57 PM Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- On Scoutfly -- rename Edge Detectors to CLIFF0, CLIFF1, CLIFF2.
Cliff 0 is the front sensor, I believe this is lab...
- 03:52 PM Task #999 (Fixed): Colony III Members
- 03:51 PM Task #974 (Fixed): Accessory Ball Bearing
- 03:51 PM Bug #1096 (Fixed): Orb Reflectors
- 03:51 PM Bug #1385 (Fixed): Scoutfly mounting holes to ground plane
- 03:50 PM Bug #1450 (Fixed): Sonar and Accessory Pin Numbering
- 03:50 PM Bug #1442 (Fixed): Scoutfly - Add Grounded Screw Holes
- 03:52 PM Bug #1442: Scoutfly - Add Grounded Screw Holes
(150, 3350) (4350,3350)
- 03:12 PM Bug #1442 (Fixed): Scoutfly - Add Grounded Screw Holes
- Add vias connected to ground
- .116 drill hole
- .179 pad diameter
- .250 diameter clearance for ring terminal
- 03:20 PM Bug #1443 (Fixed): Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- What kind of footprint for vertical JST headers on right side of board?
- 03:10 PM Bug #1441 (Fixed): Scoutfly - Change resistor and capacitor values for BOM detector
- Resistors: 100 ohm
Capacitors: 0.1 uF
- 03:08 PM Bug #1440 (Fixed): value change R8 and R9 on Scoutfly
- 02:30 PM Bug #1440 (Fixed): value change R8 and R9 on Scoutfly
- currently is 481ohms
we are sourcing 487ohm parts instead, so update values to reflect this change.
- 01:21 PM Task #974: Accessory Ball Bearing
- Using http://www.mcmaster.com/#sleeve-bearings/=903cbo
Flange on bottom of chassis, extending up into a press-fit ...
- 09:40 PM Bug #1435 (Fixed): update scouthw git repo with your library <EOM>
- Why do you need <EOM> on a ticket name....unnecessary...
- 01:03 PM Task #1425 (Fixed): Find new battery supplier
- 01:02 PM Bug #1435 (Fixed): update scouthw git repo with your library <EOM>
- 09:25 PM Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Looking for 1.35" x 1.35" x 2.5" battery. We can accommodate a longer battery (up to 4.5" long) or a shorter battery ...
- 09:22 PM Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Closest to cost is: ($22.95 vs the old battery cost of $19.95). Note the spec is now only 3.0Ah, instead of 4.0Ah
- 09:16 PM Task #818 (Fixed): Battery Testing
- 09:15 PM Task #1431 (Wontfix): Spec front air filter foam
- Front side panels are covered (inside) with open cell foam (gray/black). Find a thin foam suitable for some dust prot...
- 09:13 PM Task #844 (Wontfix): Bootloader
- 09:13 PM Bug #1096: Orb Reflectors
- Attach to inside of hood
- 09:13 PM Task #1098 (Wontfix): ask aaron and cornell about arm stuff
- 09:13 PM Task #1381 (Fixed): acquire ATMega 128RFA1 chips
- 01:19 AM Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Emailed BatterySpace.com about making a custom pack for us: NO DICE
Thanks for the inquiry.
- 02:19 PM Task #1425 (Fixed): Find new battery supplier
- BatterySpace.com no longer offers the Scout battery, and all comparable products are nearly 2x in price
Also available in: Atom