Meeting Minutes 02-09-2009¶
- We now have a website, twitter, tumblr
- Assign & distribute passwords?
- Teams can update progress on Tumblr or Twitter
- Scoutfly boards ordered (ordered 4 boards)
- Components need to be ordered (making 3 boards?)
- Bill of Materials
- How to manage this (using excel & wiki)
- Finalize footprint, connectors, connector location, etc.
- FlySwatter Debug Board
- Final call for requirements
- FTDI w/ 2 UARTS (ARM + AVR)
- Moar LEDs!!
- Order (2)
- Order a panel of small boards
- Plan for OS and Software Development?
- Let's outline some (realistic) deadlines
- Components for Scoutfly
- Purchase ASAP, need to figure out total order cost (for at least 3 boards)
- ScoutBOM Parts
- BreakFly parts
- Debug board parts
- Other hardware?
Major Review before Final Build¶
- Get eyes on every part of the robot, make sure things fit together
- Yes, this means checking data sheets, SolidWorks, etc.
- Wiring is a big issue
- Directly soldering components instead of using headers for everything
- Keeps costs down, but harder to swap components
- Accessory Port
- Mounted on Breakfly (or if that fails, run a wire)
- Costs have lifted baseline from $400 to $500
- Still under $500 -- platform worth a lot more with labor & machining
- Looking to keep board cost under $40 manufactured (+components ~ $220)
- Could eliminate cliff sensors or sell as add-on
- ScoutBOM hasn't been factored into cost -- could be an addon but would like to keep on base model
- Money ($1800 in the bank)
- Colony III is spending some very soon... total?
- Review page about pricing schemes, etc MarketingIdeas
- Base model, student pricing
- Moving forward with tech transfer, "commercialization"
- Concerns about enforcement, like the idea of leasing
- Maintenace? Support?
- Need to finish charging station
Things to ditch¶
- Cliff sensors (-$14.00)
- Keep track of position, back through
- Sonar (-$25.00)
- USB A (-$5.00)
- Ethernet? Leave it in for now
- PREX Compiles, no shell screen
- Next Steps
- OS Boots, Networking
- Helps (Embedded OS)
- Koopman, Priya, Anthony Rowe, Karthik, Cornell