From 09/28/2010 to 10/27/2010
- 03:30 pm Bug #1516 (Fixed): Test rocker switch for 4A sustained power
15 minutes @ 9V & 4A
10 minutes @ 9V & 5A
All tests passed (no heating, smoke, etc)
- 06:10 pm Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Dual NPN, 500mA carrying current, 5V Base, Cheap
- 11:12 am Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- All the quad NPN transistors I can find (in a SOIC-16 package) are end of life/obsolete. Digikey/Mouser don't carry a...
- 11:05 am Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Good catch. We are replacing this part: http://www.newark.com/fairchild-semiconductor/mmpq3904/bipolar-transistor-qua...
- 03:10 am Bug #1531: Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Both parts on this page are NPN/PNP...they have two of each, not 4 NPN.
- 12:20 am Task #1536 (Fixed): Add WhereUsed category to inventory db
- 11:44 pm Task #978: System Wiring
- Wiring lengths all calculated and recorded, with appropriate gauges and connectors. Needs to be tested on rev5 build.
- 11:43 pm Task #1511 (Fixed): Probes for small SMT parts
- Created requisition for Treasurer on Officers project (as a general roboclub purchase)
- 02:31 pm Task #1511: Probes for small SMT parts
- If we only get one of these, we should get this one:
SET MICROTIP TEST PROBE SMD : http://search.digikey.com/scripts...
- 05:05 am Task #986 (Fixed): Charging Station Fuse
- 05:05 am Task #1468 (Fixed): Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- 05:05 am Bug #1482 (Fixed): Purchase equipment for surface mount soldering
- 05:02 am Task #1536 (Fixed): Add WhereUsed category to inventory db
- used for important parts to aid in documenting usage
- 05:33 pm Bug #1533 (Fixed): Resize drill holes for USB Mini B
- USB Mini B connector does not fit on the Scoutfly boards properly - rectangular leads at the bottom into a small dril...
- 02:20 am Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- These might be good for mechanical parts
- 02:18 am Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Buy bins to match our current system:
"We have (4) of these StackOn 27 drawer organizers ($15.88)":http://www.amaz...
- 02:14 am Bug #1531 (Fixed): Replace obsolete Quad NPN
- Found replacement part for Quad NPN transistor on Scoutfly
- 02:04 am Revision 35a91374 (colonymech): Updated BOM labels with final missing components
- 12:51 am Enhancement #1530 (Assigned): Create roboclub demo
- Create a demo-able Scout platform sitting in the club ready to go for tours, etc.
- 03:35 pm Revision 3c3e90c6 (scoutece): Centered hall effect sensor, broke out mag_inc and mag_dec pins
- 01:24 pm Revision 304be10a (scoutece): Shortened encoder board, added more descriptive silk
- 12:19 pm Revision e534bf1f (colonymech): Added specs for additional sensors
- 04:35 am Revision 20335492 (colonymech): Storage station now in parts for manufacturing. Added integrated ...
- 04:32 am Revision 7152a0c2 (scoutece): Updated charging board, added diagnostic magnetic encoder boards
- 08:37 pm Revision b710722b (colonymech): Added ignore filter for thumbs.db
- 08:31 pm Revision 615998c7 (colonymech): First version of Autonomous Charging Station
- 08:56 am Bug #1517 (Fixed): Lower tolerance on baseplates
- Clearance on pivot block hole and BOM mounts is too close for manufacturing
- 07:23 am Revision ba68a1bc (colonymech): Added charging station and integrated diagnotics station
- 03:58 pm Task #997 (Wontfix): Spec out microphone
- 03:57 pm Enhancement #1469 (Fixed): Spring return on rocker pivot
- 03:57 pm Task #1470 (Fixed): Design bending check parts
- 03:32 pm Revision 6985a471 (scoutece): fixed: Charge LED was always connected to 5V. Revised silk
- 12:43 am Revision b8968e65 (scoutece): Added mini blade fuse, enlarged silk
- 11:54 pm Bug #1516 (Fixed): Test rocker switch for 4A sustained power
- Scout & Charging station share same, Scout will pull 4A nominally
- 10:24 pm Revision 216ddf64 (scoutece): Revised sense resistor to 1W rating to handle 2A load
- 10:56 am Revision 05e24d09 (scoutece): Fixed packages and added silk
- 09:45 am Revision a8a0d61c (scoutece): Created board schematic and started layout for charging board
- 01:00 am Revision 70e6ec65 (scoutece): Added storage/charging station
- 09:34 am Task #1514: Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Chassis Options
$12.99 "Black textured":http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_122&products_...
- 09:23 am Task #1514 (Wontfix): Powdercoating from Electro-kote
- Used http://www.electro-kote.com/ this summer with NREC -- see if they'll paint our parts for free
Do black on eve...
- 03:05 pm Task #1511: Probes for small SMT parts
- From Digikey:
SMD TEST TWEEZERS W/DMM PLUG 48" : http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=...
- 03:04 am Task #1511 (Fixed): Probes for small SMT parts
- Find small probes for checking SMT components (MLF, LGA, TSSOP, etc)
- 09:08 am Revision 4751a7e3 (colonymech): Changed hood to 3D printed/cast part. Added ridges for strength a...
- 02:19 am Revision b8dc95be (colonymech): Added hood ridges and slanted front bumper. Added 3D print job an...
- 10:03 pm Revision c2380f55 (scoutece): renamed 10.04 gerber zip
- 09:58 pm Revision e63c0078 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 09:58 pm Revision 5edd4248 (scoutece): fixed extra inner layer problem with set used-layers
- 02:41 am Revision f8db5fb1 (colonymech): Revised headlights, added seals for wheel weels, FFC routing cham...
- 12:41 pm Revision 961d884b (colonymech): Added plastic spring return cover
- 06:03 am Revision e17c9f80 (colonymech): Spring return detailed renders
- 06:01 am Revision a8653ace (colonymech): Locked for production. Added mounting holes to rear cover, bend g...
- 02:35 am Revision 2e2d3295 (colonymech): finished adding renders
- 02:27 am Revision fabda7d7 (colonymech): added wallpapers and renders
- 02:23 am Revision fac33c90 (colonymech): Added docs
- 02:21 am Revision a085ce64 (colonymech): Added renders
- 02:20 am Revision 06454cf7 (colonymech): Added Doc images for websites and assembly instructions
- 02:19 am Revision 40f869d2 (colonymech): Added docs directory
- 02:18 am Revision 6b003c8e (colonymech): Spring return assy now optimized. Front baseplate now resolves fl...
- 12:27 am Task #1494 (Assigned): Assembly Instructions
- Update [[AssemblyInstructions]] with pictures for each step
- 11:49 pm Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This material (in several layers) may work
- 04:21 pm Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- 04:21 pm Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Update: Passed DFM with flying colors!
- 04:20 pm Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- Submitted to freedfm.com. I accidently submitted the bottom silkscreen as well (which is blank) and had to select "tw...
- 03:54 pm Revision 4da41ff3 (colonymech): Added spring return system and power switch.
- 07:50 pm Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- 03:32 pm Bug #1491 (Fixed): Clean up BOM page
- Has reference to ranging bom -- move this into old section.
- 12:18 am Task #1425: Find new battery supplier
- Battery is out of stock until December 10, 2010 (according to email from sales@ on 10-08-2010)
- 12:46 pm Revision 5e6a72bb (scoutece): re-ran CAM with dimension layer
- 12:44 pm Revision 08e1f529 (scoutece): added dimensions file
- 06:23 am Revision 4fe4621c (colonymech): Magnets now clasp on Scoutfly bolts, headlights clear filter moun...
- 05:52 am Revision 4e999f10 (colonymech): Added air filters and clips, scoutfly mounting hardware. Updated ...
- 12:56 am Enhancement #1485 (Fixed): Viability of switching Gyros (larger range, faster, cheaper, smaller)
- New gyro from SparkFun ($7.95/ea)
- 08:44 pm Revision b682ad2e (colonymech): Rear cover now single piece, replacing rear batt support. Updated...
- 06:58 pm Revision 577611a0 (colonymech): Fixed alignment of wheel wells.
- 06:34 pm Revision fd32a4f2 (colonymech): Revised front assembly, added bend check tools. Updated wiring sc...
- 12:48 am Revision e8c100a1 (colonymech): Added firewall to front baseplate, lengthened wheelbase
- 03:02 pm Bug #1482 (Fixed): Purchase equipment for surface mount soldering
- *Need new tweezers (antimagnetic, fine tip)*
- 02:10 am Task #1480 (Wontfix): Find red Powder Coating
- purchase red http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/images/candyredweb.jpg powder coat, or find out if Jason Meredith i...
- 01:37 am Revision edaffaf1 (colonymech): Started internal scout website for inventory and part tracking
- 12:32 am Task #1471: DFM Check on Breakfly
- The Sparkfun tutorial is a good start. Look at http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=109 st...
- 11:35 pm Task #1478 (Assigned): BOM Send/Receive Functions
- develop a function for parsing input using the Sharp 38khz protocol
code is running on the ATMega128RFA1. Consult ...
- 03:42 pm Revision 93c9e9e1 (colonymech): Added presentations and reference files
- 03:41 pm Revision df3fc813 (colonymech): Added funding proposals and accessory design specs
- 03:40 pm Revision 7422d593 (colonymech): Added website (internal & external) files
- 03:39 pm Revision 15c24319 (colonymech): Added component specs
- 03:36 pm Revision 2078a38b (colonymech): Added renders directory
- 03:35 pm Revision 0b6ae624 (scoutece): using 11 mil clearance, added latest gerber zip
- 03:32 pm Revision 91d5ae2e (colonymech): Added logos and renders directories
- 06:32 am Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Labels are purchased, waiting to buy the bins -- found (3) 27 drawer organizers in roboclub. Cleaning up and using fo...
- 12:56 am Task #1468: Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Also purchase (laser) printable labels
"8000ct (0.5"x1.75"), white":http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G4JRMA/ref=...
- 12:39 am Task #1468 (Fixed): Purchase storage bins for electrical and mechanical parts
- Circuit boards have 100+ unique parts, 20-30 (small) parts for mechanical and sensors
(QTY 2) 44 bins, large and s...
- 03:12 am Task #975 (Wontfix): Hood Buttons
- 03:11 am Task #1471 (Fixed): DFM Check on Breakfly
- creater gerber files for Breakfly and check on freedfm.com
- 03:10 am Task #1087 (Fixed): Design Breakfly
- 02:12 am Task #1470 (Fixed): Design bending check parts
- Layout (flat) tools for checking the bend profile of the baseplates and other bent parts. Should be cut from 0.63" TH...
- 02:06 am Task #1431: Spec front air filter foam
- This might be too dense, but is easy to cut and available at craft stores, etc. We shouldn't have too many thermal ov...
- 02:03 am Enhancement #1469 (Fixed): Spring return on rocker pivot
- Design a few concept methods of spring return. Emphasis on very simple, low part count, and cost. Must be <$1 assembl...
- 12:34 am Task #817 (Fixed): Machine pivot blocks
- 09:07 pm Revision 4f7d0ad8 (colonymech): Added 3D print files
- 08:56 pm Revision 0a40eeee (colonymech): Fixed file names
- 08:45 pm Revision dbe32020 (colonymech): Renamed and linked files into system based structure
- 06:00 pm Revision 69490f84 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 06:00 pm Revision 8da595fa (scoutece): added gerbers as of october 3, 2010. dfm check in progress.
- 04:52 pm Revision e6d7e8f4 (scoutece): Increased trace width on VCC and ACC_5V lines
- 04:04 pm Revision 0c208777 (scoutece): Changed trace angles to 45deg and moved vias from silkscreen
- 04:48 am Revision 695b4792 (scoutece): Added SmartFly directory and component specs for ATtiny261
- 08:02 pm Revision 0cae467a (scoutece): Added website silk and moved vias away from silk labels
- 05:01 pm Revision 556b570c (scoutece): Rerouted traces for aesthetics
- 04:24 pm Revision b89112d4 (scoutece): Revised to pass DRC, added top ground plane and connecting vias
- 02:02 pm Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- 05:29 am Bug #1459 (Fixed): resize breakfly power traces
- should be 10-16mils
- 06:58 am Revision a6d3ef7d (scoutece): Changed power traces to 16mil, refined layout
- 06:04 am Revision d0414ffa (colonymech): Added Breakfly board connectors and updated rear assembly for bre...
- 05:27 am Revision 73a9bda8 (scoutece): Changed trace width to 8mil as per BatchPCB DRC, changed stepper to...
- 05:14 am Revision a29d1267 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 05:14 am Revision f81c1cf2 (scoutece): updated scoutfly with new jst parts
- 05:13 am Revision 03cd303f (scoutece): updated silk on jst parts
- 03:53 am Revision 3d87cfc5 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 03:53 am Revision 8816f777 (scoutece): All components routed, first pass. Needs cleaned up and final silk ...
- 03:17 am Revision d728c9d0 (scoutece): updated gitignore for temp library files
- 02:27 am Revision 6bcb5074 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 02:27 am Revision 2ca21076 (scoutece): added JST_6 VERT part
- 02:23 am Revision f8575683 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 02:22 am Revision 23f3c5b5 (scoutece): Started routing, all but sonar and stepper.
- 01:25 am Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- Turns out that the cliff sensors are actually button headers, so I redid the silk.
- 12:45 am Bug #1455: Rename Edge Detector silk
- Silk done.
The cliff sensor headers are not evenly spaced. Fix?
- 12:46 am Bug #1443: Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- Part changed to vertical on scoutfly.
- 12:45 am Bug #1443 (Fixed): Investigate non-RA JST Headers
- 12:37 am Revision 8881541a (scoutece): swapped jst-5 headers from right angle to vertical
- 10:06 pm Revision c3058e17 (scoutece): Added .gitignore file to ignore Eagle temp files
- 09:56 pm Revision 5b9e82f5 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 09:55 pm Revision 5656b5b1 (scoutece): Added silk and mounting holes
- 08:50 pm Revision 852fef4c (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 08:50 pm Revision 6a759754 (scoutece): Roboclub logo library
- 03:57 pm Bug #1455 (Fixed): Rename Edge Detector silk
- On Scoutfly -- rename Edge Detectors to CLIFF0, CLIFF1, CLIFF2.
Cliff 0 is the front sensor, I believe this is lab...
- 03:52 pm Task #999 (Fixed): Colony III Members
- 03:51 pm Task #974 (Fixed): Accessory Ball Bearing
- 03:51 pm Bug #1096 (Fixed): Orb Reflectors
- 03:51 pm Bug #1385 (Fixed): Scoutfly mounting holes to ground plane
- 03:50 pm Bug #1450 (Fixed): Sonar and Accessory Pin Numbering
- 03:50 pm Bug #1442 (Fixed): Scoutfly - Add Grounded Screw Holes
- 02:14 pm Revision c1e53ab6 (scoutece): Added 5x2 accessory header and placed components
- 04:44 am Revision 53f8278b (scoutece): Added board perimeter, consolidated power connectors
- 02:10 am Revision c2b99a7d (scoutece): Revised header placement on breafkly for more efficent routing
- 12:03 am Revision 4049ea60 (scoutece): Renamed board to breakfly.sch
- 08:51 pm Revision 8403f0b7 (scoutece): Added breakfly diagram
- 05:15 pm Revision f0540dcf (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of roboclub8.frc.ri.cmu.edu:/home/svn/scouthw
- 05:07 pm Revision 7dd29004 (scoutece): initial commit jst-based breakfly board
- 04:32 pm Revision 03b2958c (scoutece): Renamed (molex cgrid) Breakfly schematic to breakfly_old. Starting ...
- 02:39 am Revision c186ea43 (colonymech): Added JST connectors, Revised Breakfly with JST connectors. Chang...
- 11:22 pm Bug #1450 (Fixed): Sonar and Accessory Pin Numbering
Also available in: Atom