From 01/14/2010 to 02/12/2010
- 02:31 pm Revision 761bbe01 (scoutece): minor fixes
- 10:48 am Revision 5f5a9a6c (scoutece): fixed some vias and traces, ready for CAM
- 02:01 am Revision 05b54ca6 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 02:01 am Revision 3b9c64d0 (scoutece): Completed flyswatter schematic.
- 11:55 pm Bug #1095 (Fixed): ColonyScout Mail Server
- 11:21 pm Revision dbdb1adf (scoutece): moved bom to bomboard/bomfly, added silk
- 04:17 pm Task #1097 (Fixed): Email Steve about bootstrapping ARM
- Steve doesn't know anything about it. He referred me to someone at iRobot but I never met him so that might not be a ...
- 10:16 pm Task #1097: Email Steve about bootstrapping ARM
- Emailed Steve, awaiting reply
- 08:19 pm Task #1097 (Fixed): Email Steve about bootstrapping ARM
- 04:16 pm Task #1102 (Fixed): Make JST 2,3,4 pin connector footprints
- Added all 3 of them. Pushed to the latest copy of the library.
- 03:22 pm Task #1102 (Fixed): Make JST 2,3,4 pin connector footprints
- ZH type
- 04:14 pm Revision 4aeae529 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 04:14 pm Revision 547dfc28 (scoutece): Added flyswatter schematic. Almost done.
- 04:13 pm Revision 38e96f45 (scoutece): Added 2,3,4 pin JST headers, fixed the RA 5 pin JST header
- 03:21 pm Task #1100 (Fixed): Spec 2, 3 and 4 pin JST ZH connectors
- Added to the electrical BOM. Quantities still TBD. Need to make the footprints
- 09:56 pm Task #1100 (Fixed): Spec 2, 3 and 4 pin JST ZH connectors
- Straight up ones, smt and the housings
- 11:58 pm Revision 1329f4a9 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 11:57 pm Revision 00115692 (scoutece): Added the new breakfly schematic.
- 11:53 pm Revision eaf1e9e5 (scoutece): finished diode traces, made board smaller (2x1 in exact)
- 10:57 pm Revision 10068f4a (scoutece): about to add diodes for voltage drop before emitters
- 09:59 pm Bug #1101 (Fixed): Add JST connectors to the bottom side for the front sensors
- 2 x 4 pin (5V, GND, encoder+, encoder-)
1 x 3 pin (5V, gnd, cliff sensor signal)
2 x 2 pin (gnd, button)
- 09:54 pm Bug #1099 (Fixed): Remove Extra FFC
- * only 2 adc
* remove 1 edge detector
* more 4 motor encoder lines
* 2 external buttons
* Move down to a single...
- 09:50 pm Bug #1093: Stepper controller should be powered by VCC
- 4.7uF for bulk, .1uF otherwise
- 09:16 pm Bug #1095: ColonyScout Mail Server
- Using Google Apps, much easier to setup / administrator. Dan Shope will set it up and hand out email addresses.
- 07:10 pm Bug #1095 (Fixed): ColonyScout Mail Server
- Need @colonyscout.com email address :)
- 08:20 pm Task #1098 (Wontfix): ask aaron and cornell about arm stuff
- 07:49 pm Bug #1096 (Fixed): Orb Reflectors
- Design reflectors for orbs & hood
- 06:52 pm Task #1085 (Fixed): Get the BreakFly Dimensions and positioning
- See [[ECEBreakoutBoard]] for updated dimensions and positioning
- 06:49 pm Bug #1094 (Fixed): Encoder/Cliff Wiring
- Only 2 encoders and 2 cliff sensors pairs should be routed through the FFC.
The remaining 2 encoder pairs and 1 cl...
- 05:55 pm Bug #1093 (Fixed): Stepper controller should be powered by VCC
- The VBB pins should be connected to VCC on the stepper controller. Also they should be have a decoupling capacitor on...
- 04:35 pm Revision a313e464 (scoutece): changed emitter resistors to 1206, redid traces
- 02:37 pm Revision 32028553 (scoutece): fixed ERC errors
- 02:31 pm Revision 72129553 (scoutece): added datasheets and new jst version of bom board
- 02:55 am Revision 857d2620 (scoutece): Current version of the scout library
- 02:55 am Revision 774b9e2e (scoutece): Removed symlink to the library since that wasn't working
- 02:16 pm Bug #1088 (Invalid): Switch motor power from VCC to VBatt
- We only want the motors to work if the battery is plugged in.
- 12:15 am Revision 3041d866 (scoutece): Version 1.0 of the scoutfly. These are the zipped gerbers. Sent to ...
- 12:14 am Revision caddc018 (scoutece): Fixed issues with non-standard resistor values
- 09:17 pm Task #1087 (Fixed): Design Breakfly
- FFC/cgrid <-> some form of small connector.
- 09:16 pm Task #1086 (Invalid): Design debug board
- * Dual usb (1 debug uart, 1 for avr)
* some form of tiny with a uart and an spi
- 09:15 pm Task #1046 (Fixed): Update BOM
- 09:06 pm Task #1085 (Fixed): Get the BreakFly Dimensions and positioning
- Need the rectangular size of the board as well as how to line up the FFC connector.
- 09:05 pm Task #970 (Fixed): Find all resistors we need
- They're on the other BOM if needed
- 09:04 pm Bug #1044 (Fixed): Choose a new rtc backup battery
- We're going with the CR1220. Added to both BOMs
- 03:56 pm Task #1059 (Fixed): Content for Website
- 02:34 am Task #970: Find all resistors we need
- Need to add these to the wiki BOM at some point. They are in the actual BOM. Lots of them are missing.
- 11:22 pm Task #1046: Update BOM
- Wiki BOM has been updated. Moving with quantities and prices to the google doc: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?ke...
- 11:21 pm Bug #1032 (Fixed): Part Change
- 11:17 pm Bug #1032: Part Change
- Sticking with the bga SDRAM
- 11:16 pm Task #1037 (Fixed): Put 50MHz oscillator on the ethernet phy chip
- 11:11 pm Task #1045 (Fixed): Add a USB A port to the board on the host controller
- 09:21 pm Revision be64f687 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 09:21 pm Revision 4048af80 (scoutece): Fixed error in smybol for the Power OR controllers where the FET's ...
- 07:40 pm Revision 3f303323 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 07:39 pm Revision d84551b0 (scoutece): fixed some bom layout stuff
- 04:21 pm Revision 7fd8a260 (scoutece): Routed some power planes. Started on the power OR controllers but n...
- 02:46 pm Revision d4df41c7 (scoutece): Added SPI lines to the wireless chip and the control lines. Replace...
- 12:22 pm Revision 5daf8060 (scoutece): Routed all signal wires out of the ARM. Still need to do final conn...
- 11:38 am Revision 5e579b33 (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 11:38 am Revision 3972f826 (scoutece): updates scout BOM schematic and board. i finished routing, but need...
- 11:11 am Task #1047 (Fixed): Team Member Bios
- 11:43 pm Revision ca9f70ed (scoutece): Finished routing PSU, user buttons, fixed a bug in tolerances in th...
- 07:09 pm Revision 94f4f0ac (scoutece): Merge branch 'master' of ssh://roboclub.org/home/svn/scouthw
- 07:09 pm Revision b9c74451 (scoutece): Reorganized the I2C pins on the FFC. Routed I2C and the I2C levelsh...
- 05:57 pm Revision a2ce43f0 (scoutece): adding scout bom board to repo
- 04:34 pm Revision a5862daf (scoutece): Some PSU routing, WL chip except external signals is done. Fixed re...
- 02:26 pm Task #1059 (Fixed): Content for Website
- Need to provide content for the software/OS portion of www.colonyscout.com
- 10:58 pm Revision 14570329 (scoutece): ORB and button wiring, some UART stuff.
- 03:06 am Revision e91ddfc2 (scoutece): Routed AVR, motor drivers, JTAG, USB ports, debug UART and some of ...
- 11:37 pm Bug #1032: Part Change
- 11:28 pm Task #1036 (Invalid): Doublecheck SDRAM footprint
- Went back to the BGA part because there was an error in that footprint
- 09:30 pm Revision 0e7dce07 (scoutece): Changedthe 28-QFN footprint, the center pad is now 1mm smaller in b...
- 08:27 pm Revision 03e9c04a (scoutos): untarred prex
- 08:22 pm Revision d1d999a3 (scoutos): deleted test file
- 08:11 pm Revision 44c54fdd (scoutos): testing
- 08:07 pm Revision 89baf240 (scoutos): test
- 07:50 pm Revision b291a555 (scoutece): Deleted the test
- 07:49 pm Revision 4ca13574 (scoutece): test
- 07:43 pm Revision f9b43048 (scoutece): Initial commit of the unfinished scout board and the current scout ...
- 12:21 am Task #1047 (Fixed): Team Member Bios
- Make a sample bio for team members to list on www.colonyscout.com
Should describe (in 3rd person) a brief bio of eac...
- 06:42 pm Task #1046 (Fixed): Update BOM
- Lots of parts have changed.
- 05:26 pm Task #1045: Add a USB A port to the board on the host controller
- 05:22 pm Task #1045 (Fixed): Add a USB A port to the board on the host controller
- 05:20 pm Bug #1035 (Fixed): Redo decoupling caps on ARM
- 02:38 am Bug #1035 (Fixed): Redo decoupling caps on ARM
- 05:07 pm Bug #1044: Choose a new rtc backup battery
- Using 2 diode drops. Schottky and standard diode -> .3 + .7 in the worst case leads to 2V which is a little dangerous...
- 04:30 pm Bug #1044: Choose a new rtc backup battery
- Wikipedia says that the typical capacity is 25mAh with our current draw of 5uA. This leads to about 208 days of runni...
- 04:18 pm Bug #1044: Choose a new rtc backup battery
- 03:27 pm Bug #1044 (Fixed): Choose a new rtc backup battery
- We need to run on 1.8V
- 03:13 pm Task #1037: Put 50MHz oscillator on the ethernet phy chip
- Using this chip: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=478-4792-1-ND
- 12:18 pm Task #1037: Put 50MHz oscillator on the ethernet phy chip
- The datasheet is wrong, its actually a 50MHz chip as they say everywhere else. Confired with the application note
- 03:06 am Task #1037 (Fixed): Put 50MHz oscillator on the ethernet phy chip
- 03:34 am Bug #1039 (Fixed): Tie oscsel to the RTC Battery
- 03:07 am Task #1038 (Fixed): Modify Power supply
- * The ARM needs the voltages to be sequenced.
* Eliminated the 1.2V domain
- 02:39 am Task #1036 (Invalid): Doublecheck SDRAM footprint
- The eagle part is mislabelled, just double check to make sure that using the "wrong" part is correct.
- 02:37 am Bug #1032: Part Change
- All above parts won't work, the pitch is too small. New parts:
ARM AT91SAM http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...
- 02:35 am Task #1033 (Fixed): Email OneStopAssembly
- Assuming that they're actually advanced circuits, they can't do the small holes we needed.
- 12:27 am Bug #1032: Part Change
- not using the ARM, awaiting results to decide what ARM to use. Flash may change. SDRAM should remain constant.
- 08:14 pm Bug #1032 (Fixed): Part Change
- -New ARM: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=568-4529-ND-
-New SDRAM: http://search.di...
- 12:26 am Task #1030 (Fixed): GoldPhoenix Quote
- about $40 / board for 4
- 12:26 am Task #1033: Email OneStopAssembly
- sent, awaiting reply
- 11:38 pm Task #1033 (Fixed): Email OneStopAssembly
- Got a quote online, but only showed assembly cost
Email sales and ask for fab cost
- 05:14 pm Task #976 (Fixed): Scoutfly Connectors
- 05:13 pm Task #1030 (Fixed): GoldPhoenix Quote
- Get a quote for the board with specs using the NXP ARM9
- 02:31 pm Task #1023 (Fixed): Double check ARM Analog VDD supply voltage
- Should be tied to 3.3V
- 02:28 pm Bug #1022 (Fixed): Replace hex schmitt triggers with duals
- 02:16 pm Bug #1021 (Fixed): I2C Level shifter on the AVR I2C lines
- 02:01 am Task #1023 (Fixed): Double check ARM Analog VDD supply voltage
- There isn't one right now, check what it should be
- 01:53 am Bug #1022 (Fixed): Replace hex schmitt triggers with duals
We're wasting space for the ...
- 03:10 pm Bug #1021 (Fixed): I2C Level shifter on the AVR I2C lines
- Accelerometer runs at 3.3V, also there are currently no pullup lines
- 04:02 pm Task #1018 (Fixed): Test motor backdrive
- Test how much power the motors can generate when driven by hand when the robot is off
- 04:02 pm Enhancement #1017 (Wontfix): Separate grounds
- We should have analog, chassis, and digital ground planes to limit noise around the board
- 04:01 pm Enhancement #1016 (Wontfix): ESD Protection
- Add ESD protection on any exposed pins to the board
- 04:00 pm Bug #988 (Fixed): Jumper on USB data line to ARM
- jumpered on the OTG PHY power lines instead so that the chip just won't power on unless the jumper is in place
- 02:47 pm Enhancement #1015 (Fixed): Resnets for LED arrays
- 11:31 pm Enhancement #1015 (Fixed): Resnets for LED arrays
- for the debug LEDs put on 13 element resnets
2K for the base: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll...
- 12:22 am Bug #1013 (Fixed): Circuit simulate LEDs
- updated resistor values and changed circuits for the leds accordingly
- 10:55 pm Task #969 (Fixed): Look for smaller ethernet connector
- 10:00 pm Bug #983 (Fixed): Add micro a/b usb-otg connector
- Used a different connector which is 100% smt. This one had tabs which I couldn't make in Eagle without hacks.
- 05:09 pm Task #969: Look for smaller ethernet connector
Smaller but no LEDs so we need to ad...
- 04:58 pm Bug #1005 (Fixed): Move pushbutton to ffc
- 04:58 pm Bug #1005: Move pushbutton to ffc
- Incorrect name. We actually are placing the button on the board. Using the standard smt pushbutton
- 12:37 am Bug #1005 (Fixed): Move pushbutton to ffc
- It shouldn't have its own header
- 04:56 pm Bug #1013 (Fixed): Circuit simulate LEDs
- Make sure that we don't need resistors on the base and not blow the ARMs current limit
- 04:55 pm Bug #1004 (Fixed): Split power into input and output connectors
- Made two separate RA .1" headers. Broke everything up
- 12:35 am Bug #1004 (Fixed): Split power into input and output connectors
- Put battery and charging on its own 4pin connector and 5v/3.3v/unreg/gnd/motors on a separate connector. Both 0.1" cg...
- 04:35 pm Enhancement #1003 (Fixed): Replace giant DPAK BJTs with a smaller one
- Used dual npn in a SOT223-8 package
- 12:34 am Enhancement #1003 (Fixed): Replace giant DPAK BJTs with a smaller one
- Older DPAKs for current limiting the motors may have been oversized. These should be ok: http://search.digikey.com/sc...
- 12:32 am Bug #988: Jumper on USB data line to ARM
- might be easier to do it on the power lines instead
- 12:32 am Bug #983: Add micro a/b usb-otg connector
- 12:58 pm Task #999 (Fixed): Colony III Members
- Define systems that need worked on
- AVR (inputs, outputs)
- 02:42 am Bug #992 (Fixed): Pin out rest of AVR ADC
- 02:42 am Bug #984 (Fixed): Add ffc connectors to the board to replace cgrids
- 12:59 am Bug #989 (Fixed): Test point on 2 test clocks on ARM
- 12:54 am Task #987 (Fixed): Jumper on Power Kill Line
- 12:53 am Bug #991 (Fixed): Remove AVR reset and replace with IO from ARM
- 12:49 am Bug #995 (Fixed): Put wireless amp enable lines on ARM
- 12:48 am Bug #994 (Fixed): Hook up Gyro PD and ST through level shifter to AVR
Also available in: Atom