Progress over break¶
- Sim progress over break
- Goals for Sim
- Terrained backgrounds
- Board progress over break
- USB Host does not come up
- Updating Eagle Scoutfly with new power board
- New Motor driver?
- Goals for Boards
- Diagnose what is wrong with USB
- Put firmware on it
- Power up board
- Make sure all the devices on it work
- Make remaining changes to Scoutfly
- Get Kevin, Brian, and Tom to sign off on next scoutfly version
- Send it to board house.
- New SURG - Automated Warehouse Storage and Retrieval System using a Low Cost Robot Colony
- Goal: Demonstrate Scouts ability to model a warehouse distribution systen
- Goals for new SURG
- Get a scout working
- Behavior for one robot to drive and pick up plate and drive back
- Planner to schedule & assign tasks to robots
- Forklift designed and built
Split up & assign tasks¶Assign group leaders for subgroups.
- Group leaders are responsible for tasks getting done.
- Present progress on task at meetings
- Update their section of agenda
- Can delegate to subgroup members, but are responsible if not completed
- Warehouse Behavior - Priya
- Jeff, Prasanth, Lamda, Leon, Lalitha, Jon, James, Priya
- Mechanical - John
- John, Timothy, Kyle
- Forklift - Julian
- John, Timothy, Misty, Kyle, Tom, Julian
- Simulator (and ROS) - Alex
- Alex, Priya, Leon
- Board - Abe
- Abe, Ben, Tom, Julian, Misty
- Low-level Software - Ben
- Julian, Abe, Lamda, Prasanth, Tom, Jeff, Dev, Ben
Members & Organization¶
- How to manage new goals
- Gantt chart did not work. Why?
- Taking attendance at meetings.
- People should edit agenda by day before status meeting & present at status meeting
- If not updated, they will get lots of call from me/subgroup leader
- New member feedback
- Feedback during intro labs with technical problems
- Better work meetings
- Friendly to people with new members
- Efforts to recruiting new members
- Activities fair and Roboclub GB meeting
- If not a lot of people, assign to projects
- SURG Open House
- Jan 25th.
- Paper. Need 5-6 people to write paper over summer for journal/conference
- Most knowledgeable & active people
- Most likely to be subgroup leaders, but not necessarily
- New Meeting time
- Cookie Sched.
Attended by: Priya, Timothy, Julian, Kyle, Misty, Leon, Abe, Lamda, Prasanth, Willis, Dev, James, John, Ben, Jeff, Lalitha, Tom, Jon