Activity

From 09/02/2010 to 10/01/2010

10/01/2010

07:45 pm Bug #491 (Worksforme): ADC ref voltage issue with range finders
The data sheet for the rangefinders says that rangefinders are powered at 5V, but output at 3.3V. The processor is ru... John Sexton
05:26 pm Bug #491: ADC ref voltage issue with range finders
Need to look into this for the next meeting. Alex Zirbel
08:34 pm Bug #491: ADC ref voltage issue with range finders
We need to investigate and see if this is still an issue. John Sexton
08:12 pm Bug #491: ADC ref voltage issue with range finders
No idea. I would look up the sensors datasheet and see what they take and
then measure what they're actually getting.
Kevin Woo
05:54 pm Enhancement #456 (Wontfix): Investigate Encoder Code
Alex Zirbel
05:45 pm Bug #693: Better sanity check for invalid BOM type
Need to check if this issue was fixed. Alex Zirbel
08:10 pm Bug #693: Better sanity check for invalid BOM type
When initializing the BOM, either as an 1.0 or 1.5 there isn't a good check.
Ie: I could put like 4 or something like...
Kevin Woo
08:07 pm Bug #693: Better sanity check for invalid BOM type
Kevin/Austin what does this mean? John Sexton
05:40 pm Task #1458 (Assigned): Redo robot pants
A better clip/slide-in for the battery would make things faster. Look into clip-on covers or something to replace th... Alex Zirbel
05:40 pm Task #1457 (Wontfix): Work on battery detection
Power up with programming mode-display battery
Don't run a program if battery is too low
Look into the board from a...
Alex Zirbel
05:28 pm Enhancement #578 (Wontfix): usb_put* function with fixed width
sprintf seems to work well enough for this. Alex Zirbel
05:14 pm Task #1454 (Fixed): Add issues to Wiki
Alex Zirbel
08:06 pm Task #1454 (Fixed): Add issues to Wiki
Add interesting Tickets to Wiki so we discuss if anyone wants to take them on at the status meeting on Friday. John Sexton
05:04 pm Task #1456 (Fixed): Send reminder emails
Emails for Tuesday and Thursday, plus open work time Saturday Alex Zirbel
09:27 pm Enhancement #925: xbee baud rates
Note: this is in the new wireless library, but not the old one. David Schultz
09:26 pm Bug #960: xbee id
Note: this fix is in the new wireless library code already, but was never put in the old code. David Schultz
09:05 pm Task #445: Test Orb Driver Code
Testing code is not important? Kevin Woo
08:19 pm Task #445 (Wontfix): Test Orb Driver Code
John Sexton
08:36 pm Task #308 (Wontfix): Wireless - merge the bayboard and dragonfly versions
John Sexton
08:30 pm Task #1409 (Fixed): Get Lab1 done
John Sexton
08:29 pm Task #1405: Look into finding gumstix
Chris is supposed to try and ask around to find some Gumstix to use for debugging with the Scout board. John Sexton
08:27 pm Bug #1393 (Fixed): Finish intro lab writeup
John Sexton
08:27 pm Task #1324 (Fixed): Add new Scout members to dlist
As far as we can tell, Dan has the scout D-lists working correctly. John Sexton
08:25 pm Bug #562: Fix init functions
Was this fixed/resolved? John Sexton
08:24 pm Task #569 (Invalid): comment eeprom.c
We see some commenting in the eeprom.c file. John Sexton
08:22 pm Bug #718 (Fixed): buy rangefinders
John Sexton
08:19 pm Bug #715 (Duplicate): Investigate XBee's on Bots 4 and 6
John Sexton
08:18 pm Bug #419 (Wontfix): Fix Rangefinder numbering in simulator
John Sexton
08:17 pm Task #446 (Wontfix): Implement the BOM in the Simulator
John Sexton
08:17 pm Bug #797: rename motor.h
Need to decide if this is still important. John Sexton
08:04 pm Enhancement #470 (Wontfix): Simulator Ideas
John Sexton

09/30/2010

07:59 pm Bug #491: ADC ref voltage issue with range finders
Kevin/Austin, is this still an issue? John Sexton
07:58 pm Bug #571: Remove spaces in repository
Make sure that changing path does not break any code that relies on it. John Sexton
07:56 pm Task #1436 (Fixed): Record Dance winner, do that stuff
John Sexton
07:54 pm Task #338 (Wontfix): Program Bayboard EEPROM
John Sexton
07:53 pm Task #351 (Wontfix): Add bayboard and chargeboard status table
John Sexton
07:53 pm Bug #293 (Wontfix): fix homing and station detecting on ARCHS
John Sexton
07:52 pm Enhancement #340 (Fixed): Respin the XBee Dongles
We have new dongles now and they are better made. John Sexton
07:50 pm Task #349 (Wontfix): Simulator Logging
John Sexton
07:48 pm Enhancement #263 (Wontfix): Fixed point library
John Sexton
07:46 pm Task #330 (Invalid): Investigate the Use of TI Zigbee Chip for Next Revision
John Sexton
07:45 pm Enhancement #287 (Wontfix): Notify client when robot has reached its destination
John Sexton
07:45 pm Bug #247 (Wontfix): Fix persistence of robot identifications for camera positions
John Sexton
07:45 pm Bug #250 (Wontfix): Foreign objects in scene causes a lot of interference with vision and colonet
John Sexton
07:45 pm Enhancement #228 (Wontfix): Control algorithm for robots to move to an absolute position
John Sexton
07:37 pm Enhancement #925 (Assigned): xbee baud rates
John Sexton
07:36 pm Enhancement #579: better naming for BOM numbers
Disagree. We believe current numbering convention is appropriate. John Sexton
07:33 pm Task #353 (Assigned): Make Doxygen Tutorial/Presentation
John Sexton
07:29 pm Task #1453 (Assigned): Line Follower Collimator
Design a collimator and attachment scheme for securing the line following censor to the bottom of the robots. John Sexton

09/25/2010

03:19 pm Bug #418 (Wontfix): Fix Rangefinder numbering
John Sexton
03:18 pm Task #391 (Wontfix): Investigate and profile the avr-libc floating point emulation
John Sexton
03:16 pm Task #350 (Wontfix): Simulating Wireless
John Sexton
03:15 pm Task #348 (Wontfix): Manage Robots through GUI
John Sexton
03:14 pm Task #326 (Wontfix): Display Robots in GUI
John Sexton
03:13 pm Enhancement #925 (Wontfix): xbee baud rates
John Sexton
03:12 pm Enhancement #579 (Wontfix): better naming for BOM numbers
John Sexton
03:11 pm Enhancement #576 (Wontfix): BOM calibration
John Sexton
03:11 pm Enhancement #447 (Wontfix): add debugging support in simulator
John Sexton
03:09 pm Enhancement #388 (Wontfix): Make RTC more granular and adjustable
John Sexton
03:09 pm Task #353 (Wontfix): Make Doxygen Tutorial/Presentation
John Sexton
03:00 pm Task #1386: Clean up tickets
Alex: I can't really do any more on this without constantly consulting with a senior member anyway - moving this task... Alex Zirbel

09/24/2010

06:04 pm Task #1439 (Assigned): Check/Order robot battery clips
We have a broken male (?) power connector - the part on the robot that the battery plugs into. We need to make sure ... Alex Zirbel
05:57 pm Task #1438 (Fixed): Cut and Post Lab0
DOIT. Alex Zirbel
05:53 pm Task #1437: Start work on Lab2
SVN tutorial must be added to the Lab2 documentation. Add group folders to the repository with sample code, etc. Ma... Alex Zirbel
05:42 pm Task #1437 (Fixed): Start work on Lab2
Joseph - writeup
Ben - wireless
Alex - can help with both
Alex Zirbel
05:39 pm Task #1436 (Fixed): Record Dance winner, do that stuff
You know, that stuff. Alex Zirbel
02:11 pm Task #1380: Document which robots work for which labs.
Page created and updated for Lab0 and initial testing.
We need to start testing for Lab1 and individual sensor tests.
Alex Zirbel
02:00 pm Task #1407: Look into new batteries
Same as we currently have ($27.25): http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=12068.7
Double capacity, hav...
Nico Paris
01:53 pm Task #354 (Fixed): Clean up presentations and papers
Alex Zirbel
01:51 pm Bug #305 (Wontfix): Wireless - number of robots in token ring doesn't report right number
Alex Zirbel
01:50 pm Task #1115 (Fixed): demos: makefile creation
Alex Zirbel
01:49 pm Task #1403 (Fixed): Organize Introductory Outline pages on Wiki
Alex Zirbel

09/20/2010

03:46 pm Task #1407: Look into new batteries
Current batteries are 6V, 2600mAh NiMH from onlybatterypacks.com Nico Paris
01:31 pm Task #1421 (Fixed): Get camera for Lab0 demo
Jimmy is bringing his to the club. John Sexton
12:15 am Task #1420 (Fixed): John ask Kwab about using club room on Friday
Kwab says both groups should be able to use the space at the same time. John Sexton

09/17/2010

05:01 pm Task #1421 (Fixed): Get camera for Lab0 demo
We need a video camera to film the dances for the lab 0. Ben Wasserman
04:58 pm Task #1420 (Fixed): John ask Kwab about using club room on Friday
John needs to ask Kwab about using the Club room for the dance demos. Ben Wasserman

09/16/2010

07:11 pm Enhancement #195 (Fixed): improve lights.c
Alex Zirbel

09/12/2010

04:14 pm Task #1406 (Fixed): Send out aburks' email address to new members
First email to new member list included a note with Burks' email. John Sexton
01:32 am Task #1410 (Fixed): Make a demo dancer
Alex Zirbel

09/11/2010

09:12 pm Bug #1390 (Fixed): Come to decision on wireless
Alex Zirbel
09:06 pm Task #1410 (Fixed): Make a demo dancer
Feel Good inc? Alex Zirbel
08:53 pm Task #1404 (Fixed): Get new members started on labs
New member list populated and welcome email sent. John Sexton
08:22 pm Task #1409 (Fixed): Get Lab1 done
Write Lab1 done so it can be potentially released this Friday. John Sexton

09/10/2010

07:33 pm Task #1394 (Fixed): Brush up slideshow for new colony meeting
Slide show fixed. Needs to go up on Wiki. John Sexton
06:11 pm Task #1408 (Fixed): Organize SURG team
Put on sensors, set up meeting times, and get people excited about the city! Alex Zirbel
06:10 pm Task #1407 (Fixed): Look into new batteries
Background task, of sorts .. just start looking at batteries. Alex Zirbel
06:07 pm Task #1406 (Fixed): Send out aburks' email address to new members
Also send email to new members with Andrew Burks' email address, he wanted to be contacted by them for tool training. Alex Zirbel
06:01 pm Task #1405 (Fixed): Look into finding gumstix
Get the sticks soon! Alex Zirbel
05:57 pm Task #1404 (Fixed): Get new members started on labs
Populate the new members dlist, and email out instructions and guides to get started on the labs. Alex Zirbel
11:51 pm Task #1403 (Fixed): Organize Introductory Outline pages on Wiki
We need to reorganize the introductory lab outline pages on the Wiki. It would be nice to browse through previous yea... John Sexton
08:14 pm Bug #1395: Work on getting the bad robots working
Fixed the bad wheel on bot 10 and took off the wires on the top. Hooray! Alex Zirbel

09/09/2010

01:18 am Bug #1390: Come to decision on wireless
The new wireless library will be put aside for now. However, I will put some time into it when I can trying to debug ... Ben Wasserman

09/07/2010

05:49 pm Task #1400 (Assigned): Complete SURG form
Fill out the Colony SURG Participation Agreement form. Due noon, Sept. 30 (Participation form); Final report form du... Alex Zirbel

09/04/2010

11:42 pm Task #342 (Wontfix): Program Robot to Read an Analog Value and Print the Data
John Sexton
11:36 pm Bug #1388 (Fixed): Remove hunter prey john
Folder is now removed. John Sexton
11:35 pm Revision 1829: Removed the old hunter_prey_john folder in favor of the new more organized hunter_...
John Sexton
11:21 pm Bug #1391 (Fixed): Buy boards for line following
Harrison has ordered boards. They are shipping now. Currently in HENDERSON, NV according to FedEx site. John Sexton

09/03/2010

05:13 pm Bug #1395 (Invalid): Work on getting the bad robots working
Learn how to debug the robots with analog. Alex Zirbel
05:11 pm Task #1394 (Fixed): Brush up slideshow for new colony meeting
Get everything up to date. Alex Zirbel
05:10 pm Bug #1393 (Fixed): Finish intro lab writeup
Make sure the labs are done so we can proofread by Friday. Alex Zirbel
04:53 pm Bug #1391 (Fixed): Buy boards for line following
Make sure these boards get ordered as soon as possible so we're only waiting on the manufacturers. Alex Zirbel
04:48 pm Bug #1390 (Fixed): Come to decision on wireless
Clean up decision on wireless/talk to David if that hasn't happened yet. Alex Zirbel
04:47 pm Task #1389 (Assigned): Figure out rangefinders group
Check on the rangefinders, since the group wasn't at the last colony meeting. Alex Zirbel
04:46 pm Bug #1388 (Fixed): Remove hunter prey john
Remove this demo from the folder. Alex Zirbel
04:44 pm Task #1387 (Assigned): Conclusion on filter design
Check with Emily on the filter design, and reach a decision on the next thing to do. Alex Zirbel
04:41 pm Task #1386 (Fixed): Clean up tickets
Remove old tickets which aren't being used. Alex Zirbel
02:58 pm Revision 1828: hunter prey demo with new file structure
Evan Mullinix
 

Also available in: Atom